F1

Massa to Williams

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rick Lopez
    Participant

Reports from Brazil are suggesting that Maldonado is going to leave Williams. This was backed up by Eddie Jordan at the Korean Grand Prix. And now there are rumours that Felipe Massa is going to replace him. He obviously has some sponsorship, as Williams would not be able to pay both their drivers. So it seems Hulkenberg will go to Lotus.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Lol, as if the silly season couldn’t get any sillier!

Max Jacobson
    Participant

Hülkenberg to Lotus is the only one I really care about if I’m honest!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

There’s already a thread fir discussing the silly season.

Loup Garou
    Participant

Williams are getting a Merc engine for 2014. Will that make a difference?

Max Jacobson
    Participant

We just don’t know: will the Mercedes engine be better than the Renault? Possibly, but I’m personally placing my bets on Renault with their past experience!

Loup Garou
    Participant

We just don’t know: will the Mercedes engine be better than the Renault? Possibly, but I’m personally placing my bets on Renault with their past experience!

I think so too. Renault introduced Turbos into Formula 1 didn’t they?

Why were Ferrari so much against return of the turbo era?

Yaya Ishaq
    Participant

I really hope that rumour about the Williams-Massa link is true although considering it’s from a Brazilian paper I fear it’s more wishful thinking than anything else. Now, I’m aware of all the criticism and backlash Massa has received over the years for his sheer lack of performance up against Alonso and while most of it is justified I genuinely believe that a new team with a new environment could really revitalise his career and bring back his speed. Everyone knows Massa is a confidence driver and I think Williams is the perfect scenario in that he won’t have to worry about a super-talented world champion teammate or have the pressure of racing for Ferrari on him any more.

He has already proven this year that his qualifying speed on occasion in comparison to Alonso is still there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.