F1

McLaren Mount Bathurst 'betting tab'

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Hare
    Participant

A bit more to think about.. F1 car vs GT car in eau rouge, Spa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex5dhhpSHCw

Hare
    Participant

Looks like ed24f1 is the only person to get anything spot on, with Lowndes doing a 1.49 according to the latest info, but that isn’t final yet.

Button did a 1.48 according to the news report mentioned in another thread.

Hare
    Participant

Looks like SuperTed666 is closest to Buttons time, only 2.348 seconds out. :)

DavidS
    Participant

Yeah, Superted was closest.

Still, I’m wondering just how fast it would’ve gone if they truly opened the taps.

Hare
    Participant

Well I think Button would have done 1.45 ;)

GeeMac
    Participant

I saw a tweet by F1Rejects to the effect that Lowndes was getting a chance to drive an F1 car after missing out on a drive in the 90’s. Is that true? I don’t remember anything like that.

Stephen Jones
    Participant

not sure about that.. but lowndes was on the road to a single-seater career, before he turned to touring cars

GeeMac
    Participant

Thanks for that, all my research (a quick check on wikipedia at lunch) reveals is that he was JPM’s team mate at Helmut Marko’s F3000 team.

nik

” before he turned to touring cars”

I wouldn’t say he turned to it, more to do with having no other options. There is a background story to the Lowndes career about how he was screwed by Walkinshaw and various agents and managers, but I can’t remember it

Hare
    Participant

Was it Lowndes who crashed a Jaguar in testing? The Jaguar didn’t give him his place back afterwards or something along those lines? Seem to remember something about it on TFL.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.