F1

Merchandise question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Roald
    Participant

So I’m going to visit my first F1 race this year, Spa it is! Now I’m a huge fan of course but do not own any merchandise, simply because I wouldn’t wear F1-gear during normal daily life. Now I’m not necessarily a fan of a particular team, so I was thinking of buying one of those Pirelli podium caps. The question is, does anyone own one of them and how is the quality? Or perhaps someone can recommend other merchandise to wear?

I’m talking about the cap found here: http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/f1/shop.html

Roald
    Participant

Anyone?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I bought one sometime in April from the F1 store.
    I don’t usually wears caps but it does feel top quality. I’ve never felt uncomfortable wearing it.
    It came with a bag to keep it in as well which was nice

The only negative point I can think of (and it is a pretty small one) is that on the actual podium caps, the flag of the Grand Prix is on the right hand side of the cap, on these ones it is just left blank.
    They could have given the option to choose which Grand Prix you wanted.

I’m also going to Spa for my first F1 race.
    So if I was to recommend anything, maybe some wet weather gear because the weather at Spa can turn nasty.

Roald
    Participant

Sounds good! I don’t really mind the absence of the flags on the side. How is the back of it where you can make it tighter/looser? Is it with a metal thingy if you know what I mean?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@roald
    Yes it has a standard metal one, where you feed it through, close it and the little teeth hold it tight.
    With a little slot to hide the excess strap

There is an image of it from behind on the official F1 store page.

Calum
    Participant

Somebody has to give Pirelli some support through their tough time!

It will be quite an unusual piece of merch, not many will have a Pirelli cap at the race which is cool!

Roald
    Participant

@zantkiller Thanks man!

@Calum you think so? I’d imagine there would be lots of people wearing them! I don’t mind the tyres at all, as long as they change every year, keeps everyone involved in the sport sharp!

Think I’m going to order that than!

Roald
    Participant

Just ordered two, if anyone’s interested I’ll let you know how the quality is.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.