F1

More problems for McLaren

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Even with a terrible qualifying, it looks as though Perez will need a new gearbox because of his crash, so the Maccas will now line up in 14th and 19th. I think that just sums up the year they’ve had – absolutely miserable.

(Bright side – Last time Button was in 14th in Brazil, he came 5th, and won the Championship, though I doubt the pace of the car will allow him to reach the top 5)

cg22me
    Participant

Amazing how much things change in a day!
    Great drives from both Jenson and Sergio!

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Absolutely, who would have thought that both of them would be in the top 6!

Deej92
    Participant

Agreed, they were really impressive today, and how refreshing it was to see McLaren closer to where we were used to seeing them.
    I must say Perez has performed admirably over the last few races. Signing him should be a no-brainer for a midfield team with his backing and talent. I’m glad to see Button back on form as well – brilliant performance.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Sounds like McLaren had a good weather forecast – as running with a drier set up boosted them on race day. They were lucky to be ahead of Massa, Hamilton and Rosberg, but I’m sure they’ll take a good result to finish the season off (and so it isn’t the worst in their history..)

Deej92
    Participant

I have to disagree that Button was lucky to beat Rosberg. Rosberg had no penalties so Button got ahead purely on speed. Perez was also very close to Rosberg for much of the race.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Well, McLaren got the strategy right, while Mercedes were waiting in case rain fell at the end of the first stint, despite Rosberg radioing in saying he needed to change tyres. This put them stuck behind Button from then on. But Rosberg was close to their pace, maybe with a more wet setup on his car (faster than Hamilton in the wet), so he would probably have been just ahead of Button-Perez, but far behind Massa and Hamilton. Perez was actually faster than Jenson here on the lap charts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.