F1

Live F1 coverage in South America goes half-pay-per-view

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alonso
    Participant

As Mediapro took over the TV rights for Formula 1 broadcasting from Fox Sports for South America (except Brazil) from 2015 until 2019 and onwards (maybe)
    This new Channel is set to be launch in 2015. Formula OneTM will show the entire season with 10 exclusive races (as SkyF1 does in the UK) while Fox Sports will show 10 races live and the other 10 on tape delay or as a highlights (TBD).

Formula OneTM will be produced and distributed by the TV Satelital company: Directv. As Mediapro bought the rights to distribute this channel for every platforms, Internet and Smartphones devices also.

More info: http://www.mediapro.es/esp/prensa.php

Asanator
    Participant

Directv is SKY brasil isn’t it? which surely has a newscorp connection…FOX is a newscorp company too isn’t it. Sounds Like the Murdochs are taking F1 Broadcasting Globally to me….one continent at a time.

Not that I mind, the coverage has improved massively here in the UK.

Carlitox
    Participant

Great. We pay 60 dollars a month mainly because of F1 and now this. Terrific.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Meh, I won’t pay a single dollar. SkyF1 on stream for me it is… FOX LA is already rubbish anyway… but way to rip people off ! we already pay for it, now we have to pay more?

@HoHum
    Participant

Here in Oz it looks highly likeley likely that Foxtel (Rupert again) will be taking over the “10 Network” the current FTA broadcasters of F1, so it is looking highly likely that I will have the decision as to whether I continue to follow F1 taken out of my hands.

Alonso
    Participant

@fer-no65 At the beginning I was keen to see what Mediapro was offering but after finding out that Directv was involve. No thanks. Fox Sport’s coverage is crappy indeed starting from the pit reporter to the commentators especially the guy who has a sort of man crush with Ferrari and also the coverage it lacks of professionalism as they talk of “old f1” rather than what is actually happening on the race track.

Fer no.65
    Participant

@alonsomanso lol that Ferrari guy isn’t there anymore. That guy was actually a journalist specialized in football so I never understood what he was doing there. He was part italian, hence why he had that character (I believe, otherwise it’s stupid) as a tifosi.

Now there’s 4 guys, once of which is mexican and oooooooooonly talks about Perez, Gutierrez and Maldonado. It’s beyond annoying to hear them all talk about those last 2, as they usually crash or get beaten easily and they are constantly making excuses about it or saying that “next race will be good for them because (insert lame reason here)”.

I got bored of all that (plus the ads every 5 minutes), so found a good streaming site with BBC (before SkyF1 kicked off) and I’ve been with that ever since (4 years now), listening to the stream and watching the HD feed on the telly (when there’s no ads).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.