F1

New penalty impending?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Just read on Sky f1 website that there is a possibility that during the Singapore race Vergne didn’t serve his full penalty for the first offence. The way I understand it is that he exceeded track limits and got a 5 second penalty as a result (car must be stationery for at least seconds before changing wheels etc.), but Force India claim to have new evidence that shows the Toro Rosso pit stop crew changing wheels from approx. 4.4 seconds after the car was stationery. If that proves to be correct what happens next?

Is Vergne disqualified from the Singapore race?
    Is Vergne result affected from Singapore?
    Does Vergne take a penalty in Suzuka?
    Does the FIA issue a warning/ penalty points?

Sir Teukka
    Participant

If it’s true I hope he gets a penalty. Not because I don’t like him or anything, but because disobeying direct orders should be penalized (even though the 0.6s wouldn’t affect the results of the race).

Dan
    Participant

If its proved I hope he takes a penalty as the rules are the rules and are written down in black and white for all to see. Other wise the FIA set a dangerous precedent

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

I don’t understand why they don’t have some sort of official there to time the penalty and then allow the team to start work. That would be logical, surely? In other series they have officials present in the pit lane (in V8 Supercars and IndyCar I know they definitely do – in fact I think IndyCar seems to have one per pit box?). That way things like this would be monitored.

Dan
    Participant

Didn’t they have something similar in the early 90’s? were a driver serving a stop and go penalty (10 seconds in those days if I remember correctly) the relevant driver waited at the end of the pit lane next to a stop watch. Something similar could easily be implemented these days and would be relatively easy to enforce and understood across TV coverage

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

I think the FIA deserve a penalty..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.