F1

Only Connect: F1 edition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 837 total)
  • Author
    Ronanskie
    Participant

With this hint you should probably be able to find the answer. The track where only 4 different teams have achieved this, is Silverstone.

Nick
    Participant

Mercedes, four consecutive victories at Silverstone

Ronanskie
    Participant

that’s correct. Mercedes are indeed the fourth team to achieve four consecutive victories at Silverstone. Now it’s your turn. @theawesomefish

Nick
    Participant

Okay, here’s what I’ve come up with:

Giuseppe Farina, Jack Brabham, Jody Scheckter, ???

Christopher Rehn
    Participant

@theawesomefish Bumping this again. I can find absolutely nothing tying them together apart from the fact they HAVE won championships.

Scheckter is obviously the only South Africa, Brabham one of two Aussies, Farina one of two Italians. That’s not it.

1950, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1979. Even the years don’t gel.

I’ll need some clues!

Nick
    Participant

I did think a clue might be needed, the link is something the drivers all used to win championships…

Finlay
    Participant

I’d guess that maybe these three became farmers after their racing careers. It is certainly true of Brabham and Scheckter. However, wikipedia has no info concerning Farina’s agricultural exploits, nor does it shed any light on whether any champions since Scheckter have run a farm.

Purely because he’s Australian (they tend to own lots of land, right?), is a former champion, and won his championship after Scheckter, I’ll guess Alan Jones.

Nick
    Participant

Not Alan Jones, and nothing to do with farming either. Something they all used to win championships, something all of the cars need…

OK I think it’s time for a new one here so let’s see if anyone can complete this sequence:

Alessandro Nannini, Pedro Rodriguez, Max Verstappen… ?

paulgilb
    Participant

Eddie Irvine? Drivers with 1, 2, 3, and 4 victories (to date).

@paulgilb That is right but you are missing part of the connection if you want to take another stab at it.

And over to you for the next question…

paulgilb
    Participant

All those drivers managed those number of victories without ever managing a pole position (Irvine’s 4 is a record, tied with Bruce McLaren).

My sequence: Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, Alain Prost, …?

@paulglib Looks like a clue may be in order…

paulgilb
    Participant

Hint: there are multiple drivers who could fit the first 3 spots in the sequence, however there is only one correct option for the 4th spot.

Christopher Rehn
    Participant

Well, could it have to do with wins or pole positions in a row, something like this? Stab in the dark, have a Nico Rosberg. This is based on absolutely nothing of real value.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 837 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.