F1

Pass of the Year: 2014 Australian Grand Prix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

A new year begins and Pass of the Year is back.

For those who haven’t participated before the idea is simple: Nominate the best pass or passes from each race and the ten which get the most nominations will go into a poll for Pass of the Year at the end of the season.

What were the best passes of the Australian Grand Prix? Your nominations below, please…

ForzaAlanRabbit
    Participant

I can’t really decide but it has to be one of Bottas’s.

I think I’ll nominate Bottas on Hulk.

Ben Needham
    Participant

I originally thought that Magnussen around the outside of Hamilton was an inspired move just before Turn 11, though that was before it became apparent that Hamilton was nursing a sick engine.

I think ‘Overtaker of the Race’ has to go to Bottas who made his way through the field twice from 15th on the grid and then close to the back following his clip with the wall. However no moves stuck out to me – certainly Raikkonen and Vergne fell out of his way. The move on Hulkenberg was fairly straightforward with DRS.

Does the start count as an overtake? In which case Rosberg shooting off the line was quite impressive! ;-)

RetardedF1sh
    Participant

I nominate Bottas’ first overtake on Räikkönen. Just great wheel to wheel action you rarely see from such a young driver.

Ben Needham
    Participant

I’d forgotten the original Bottas on Raikkonen overtake. Watching it again – I’d have to vote for that one as well.

andae23
    Participant

Bottas on one of the Toro Rossos at turn 3

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m going with Andae23 on that one. I think it was on Kvyat. Really a great move.

@andae23 @ardenflo Guys please try to be specific in your nominations if you can. If you can’t recall who Bottas passed at turn three today I’m probably going to have even less idea when I come to collate your nominations in eight months’ time!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@keithcollantine – The one I believe @andae23 and @ardenflo are referring to is Bottas on Vergne around the outside of turn 3 on lap 5

andae23
    Participant

@bradley13 Thanks for that.

Kingshark
    Participant

Bottas around the outside of Kimi going into turn 3, deffo.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@kingshark – When did that happen? Bottas overtook Raikkonen twice. The second time was when Kimi made the mistake and the first was when he went up the inside of Raikkonen at turn 3 and was practically already ahead by turn 4.

ForzaAlanRabbit
    Participant

I’m changing to Bottas on Kimi.

Thanks for reminding me of that one :)

Kingshark
    Participant

@bradley13
    It must have been one of the Toro Rosso’s then, but I remember Bottas making a spectacular move around the outside of 3 early on in the race.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@kingshark – Yeah, that was on Vergne :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.