F1

Passing Under Double Waved Yellows.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Caroline Geddes
    Participant

Just wondering what people think. Should there be more clarity about how much to loft and for how long? If the whole idea is safety (of marshals and other drivers), why leave it open to interpretation and chance? I heard mention during the week of other car series using slow zone, so that pit the limiter had to be used in the part of the track that was under yellows. What do people think?

glynh
    Participant

You’re right the current rules need changing since racing drivers will, by their very nature, go as fast as they can get away with.

I think using a virtual safety car in that sector would be the best thing. Obviously that raises 2 problems – the cars suddenly slowing and some drivers being disadvantaged while others are fine.

The slowing I can’t see as a problem since the car behind will have to do the same and to make it fair for everyone they just need to keep the vsc out for exactly one lap then go to a single yellow for a while.

There could still be a few issues with cars gaining as the vsc ended but that’s for people more knowledgeable than me to work out.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

They use slow zones at Le Mans and they work exceptionally well. However F1 circuits are not necessarily long enough to warrant having them, but I don’t see why it can’t be at least considered.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.