F1

Petrov about tragedy in Russia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    phil9079
    Participant

Do you think he too (just like Datsyuk and Oveshkin (Russian icehockeyplayers)) has his thoughts on the tragedy in Russia? I’m a hockeyfan and would like to know if he does. He didn’t say anything on the BBC…

Still so devistating. It made me quiet and I had a bad feeling, almost left tear, and many goosebumps after that crash…

For all of you who aren’t familliar with the crash: http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/news/news-singleview/article/air-plane-tragedy-in-russia.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=955&cHash=d4f8158e7b

Enigma
    Participant
    Bleu
    Participant

I’m a big ice hockey fan and the accident was the most horrible news regarding ice hockey I had ever heard. Good on Petrov to honor the victims.

phil9079
    Participant

I knew he would honor the victims. He’s Russian and every russian knows icehockey. Maybe he lost his concentration at monza because of this.

@bleu: Yeah, feels horrible doesn’t it? when a whole team of the sport you love is whiped out… Sadly enough, some things you don’t have in hand. Lets hope this doesn’t happen again in any sport, cause it could’ve happend to F1 drivers too. Like Colin Mcray, he died after a helicrash.

Luckely, the president of Russia decided to check the airtraffic more from now on. Hopefully every country in the world does the same thing. Cause whoever is on a plane, I don’t wish this to anyone…

And bleu: You should check NHL.com. Stands full of comments of players. Datsyuk and Oveshkin gave an interview too. And actually, I’m FURIOUS about the interviewer of datsyuk: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=587971&navid=DL|NHL|home

“When asked his thoughts for the upcoming season and how the team will rebound following consecutive second-round playoff losses to the San Jose Sharks, the usual jovial Datsyuk shook his head.

“Are we talking about hockey now?” he asked. “I’m sorry. My mind is different now. It goes much deeper than that. I have no idea what’s going on in hockey … not now. It’s really hard. I still can’t believe it. I was waiting to the last minute to find out if (defenseman) Ruslan Salei was on the plane.”

Of course datsyuk is still in shock, what did you expect?

ed24f1
    Participant

I don’t think he lost concentration, he was having a good weekend until he got taken out at the Rettifilo chicane – no fault of his own.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Yeah, he defiantely didn’t lose concentration. If anything, he’d been switched on all weekend, which makes it even more of a shame that he was taken out by Liuzzi – when Petrov hits the ground running on Friday, he tends to carry the momentum all through the weekend. He did it at Hungary last year when he out-qualified and out-raced Kubica, and again when he picked up a podium in Melbourne and a third time when he was defending against Alonso at Abu Dhabi. He was in with a good shot this weekend; had he stayed in the race, I think fifth place would have been reasonable.

Sadly, this weekend wasn’t the first time Petrov has carried a black helmet as a mark of respect. He did it at Sepang last year, too (though he was wearing a black armband, not a helmet) to remember the victims of a Moscow Metro bombing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.