F1

Petrov as barometer for Heidfeld?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    butterdori
    Participant

It is often said that Heidfeld is unfairly treated, especially in comparison to Kubica.

This year, could we possibly use Petrov as the constant and see how much Heidfeld goes faster than him?

Of course, we should take into consideration that Petrov would be better this year.

Zadak

I think it would be unwise to do it like that

the other way around is much better

Heidfeld is super consistant, Petrov… isn’t

use Heidfeld’s consistancy to gauge Petrov’s pace is much easier

dam00r
    Participant

Heidfeld is much faster and smarter driver than Petrov.

I just hope to see Kobayashi win a race this year. Would be awesome because he’s in the league with Button and Barrichello.

Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel and Kubica are on the top.

David-A
    Participant

Heidfeld better be hiding some pace- he’s been slower than Petrov in Melbourne so far.

James_mc
    Participant

I can see the logic to it as Petrov is a constant between Kubica and Heidfeld, but I think it’s hard to do it in this instance

butterdori
    Participant

Well, so far, Petrov has been ahead in all the practice sessions

butterdori
    Participant

P6 and P18…

Petrov just upped his game, or the Renault is just that good. Such a shame that Kubica isn’t here.

Renault just tweeted that Heidfeld got caught up in traffic.

Andy W
    Participant

We have had one qualifying session and 3 practice sessions… I think its really to early to be judging either driver.

I must admit I was impressed with Petrov last season, no he wasn’t a rookie like Lewis, but he also did much better against a great team mate than many a rookie driver has done in the past. Lets see how they both do in the race, I am hoping for a points finish for Petrov and if Nick can get himself solidly into the points he will silence many critics.

It bugs me that given the thinking and strategic sport that is F1 how people are already savaging drivers (yes I mean EJ) before anyone has even taken a race start this season.

butterdori
    Participant

Yes, this will be an ongoing thing as the season progresses. Of course, I won’t be judging Heidfeld just on those results.

TommyB
    Participant

Petrov on the podium. Heidfeld only manages to beat the Lotus and Virgin’s. What a fail.

Andy W
    Participant

Great drive and great result for Petrov, just want to know WTF happened to Nick… he had a stinker of a weekend…. How long before EJ starts talking about getting him out of that seat and bringing in some other driver…. or will he continue to pour scorn on Massa.

Icthyes
    Participant

“Kimi to Renault” in 3…2….

Slr
    Participant

Heidfeld’s never been that good at getting a good result after starting out of position. In 2008 when he was going out in Q1 and Q2, he rarely scored points in the race. If Heidfeld makes Q3 in Malaysia, I think he will be able to get a solid result.

TommyB
    Participant

Haha Icthyes! Wouldn’t surprise me one bit. Although Massa was poor today I think he may go back to Ferrari instead :P

Andy W
    Participant

I doubt Kimi and Renault will happen… but I do expect there to be a lot of noise in the media about the possibility, the chances of him returning to Ferrari to partner Alonso…. I suspect that would happen the race (or maybe 3 given how long they kept Badoer in the car) after they give up Jackie Stewart’s return.

Nick has done himself no favours this weekend, and his stock within the media is going to freefall… he needs a strong result in Malaysia if he wants to stop everyone calling for his head.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.