F1

Pictures: Renault’s KERS-equipped Twizy F1 concept car

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Renault have produced an F1-styled version of their Twizy electric city car.

The Twizy Renault Sport F1 Concept “sits on the wheels of a single-seater race car and is equipped with a front splitter, side-pods, rear wing and a diffuser complete with an F1-style rain light which forcefully express the concept’s ties with motor racing’s premier category”.

Renault says the car “delivers genuine high performance thanks to its Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) which is identical to the solution used by Renault-powered Formula 1 cars.”

“The system instantly boosts power output six-fold to reach almost 100 horsepower and is capable of catapulting the car from standstill to 62 mph as quickly as Renault’s highest-performing road car, Megane Renaultsport 265.”

The regular Twizy has 17bhp but by adding an F1 KERS the driver gets an extra 80bhp for 13 seconds. Renault say it will hit a top speed of 109kph (68mph, compared to the 85kph/53mph of the regular Twizy).

Behold:

Renault Twizy F1 concept car, 2013

The car will be on display at motorshows and at World Series by Renault races.

Fer no.65
    Participant

So, basically, this is the first F1-derived car from Renault since the glorious Espace F1??

Sacrilege !

Eggry
    Participant

DO WANT!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Really cannot figure out what the purpose of this car/concept/whatever is. Neither can I come to the conclusion whether it’s more or less silly than the Renault Espace F1

disjunto
    Participant

The twizy looked silly enough BEFORE they added wings to the thing. I just can’t stop laughing at this. I guess it’s the only car in their range that would actually benefit from a short 80BHP boost that you’ll rarely be able to use on the road

Craig Woollard
    Participant

I literally just said out loud: “What the *bleep* is that!?!?”

DC
    Participant

What is this!? Was it designed by an 8 year old or by a pothead?

BasCB
    Participant

I think its just Renault wanting to show the world they are in F1. Must have been fun thinking this up (just imagine the late night meetings, “lets add a spoiler. Ok, lets add a diffusor, Hey, what if we gave it F1 wheels, … etc.).

Metallion
    Participant

Looks like a competitor to Dyson hoovers

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

That is possibly the most silly, ridiculous excuse for a car I have ever seen…

…I want it now!

Anonymous
    Inactive

As well as the Renault Clio cup there should be a Renault Twizy F1 cup.

Force Maikel
    Participant

someone at the Renault development department must have said: “Hey can someone beat this!”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antsphoto/5026538978/sizes/z/in/photostream/

And beat it they did! It’s even more ridiculous.

George
    Participant

I find it most amusing they put a big front wing on a city car, making it incapable of being driven in a city :P

Fer no.65
    Participant

I think the Escafe was fricking awesome ! ridiculous yeah, but awesome !

This one is ridiculous and stupid… tho they probably felt the 80 hp for 13 seconds was needed as well, you got hills and that sort of thing and with 17 hp, it must be a hard task !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.