F1

Pirelli – testing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Pirelli seem awefully keen to test their tyres at every possible opertunity, could this indicate that they are preparing for something in the near future? Bridgestone did very little testing on their 2010 tyres except the official pre season test whereas Pirelli have a full blown testing programme with a test almost every month this year, could this either indicate that they have concerns about their tyres or are they getting as much experience as possible in anticipation of a future competitor. I’m hearing rumours from michelin to ‘watch this space’ come 2013. Do you think a return to competition tyres in 2013 is on the cards? or do you think that would be horrendously bad for the sport? or something different?

Enigma
    Participant

I’m thinking they’re testing so much because they’re returning to the sport after many years. Bridgestone had all the important data from previous seasons and probably didn’t need so much testing, whereas Pirelli does.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Enigma – Agree totally.

I spose that would would make sense, but where would the fun be in that? Its the off-season and I’m actually bored (insert apropriate word)less.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.