F1

Pit Pass, we all want one !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    australian
    Participant

Ok Ok, can i ask, apart from Paddock club or some corporate invitation, how can the average Joe ~ “Buy” a pit pass ??? I know about Thursday pit walks ( when basically nothing is happening, although u can catch some teams assembing the car ) and no doubt u cannot get into private pit area’s over the fri, sat, sunday, but I would like to get others experiences ? advice ? knowledge ? about getting closer to the action, thanks. . . . .

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Flirt with a few Team Principals?

I think you have to know someone who knows someone else etc etc…

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Yeah, they don’t just hand them out.

I went to Rally Australia in 2005, and my dad managed to land “Enthusiast” tickets (basically, access-all-areas passes), but even then, it was only because my uncle and cousin were a part of the signage crews marking out the liason routes. They’re bloody difficult to obtain.

Red Andy
    Participant

I don’t think it’s at all possible for John Q. Racing Fan to get a pit lane pass for the weekend. The only way to do it would be as the guest of a team (i.e. a corporate sponsor or by winning one of those competitions that come along once in a blue moon) or as a member of the media.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Just do what I’m doing:

1) Become an outrageously successful novelist.

2) Propose a story set in the world of Grand Prix racing.

3) Contact a team and convince them that you need to do strenuous research on them to get the details right.

4) Visit the race weekend.

5) Visit several more just to be sure.

6) Do an interview with Keith.

7) Have your story published to critical acclaim (again).

8) Use your profits to buy into a Formula 1 team.

9) Visit any race you want.

Simple, and effective.

sbl on tour
    Participant

write to all the teams, you never know, met a few lads on the way back from barca a few years ago, mclaren did the buis for them and they had a great time

Katy
    Participant

Be nice to them on Twitter :) I know of people that have been invited in by a couple of different teams at various times across the weekend. I managed to be in the Virgin garage for a practice session in Germany last year and Red Bull for Qualifying :)

damonsmedley
    Participant

@Katy How did you get into the Virgin garage? I am going to be at the Grand Prix next weekend so… :P

sbl on tour
    Participant

the pit pass, it aint the be all and end all, I remember monza 2004, we spent most most of the weekend at different places round the circuit, we didnt have no pitt pass and we had a beezer time, whats more bet the poseurs around the pits didnt have half the fun we had. Mind you we did a freebie to first chicane grandstand for sat practice courtesy of a guy at stansted who wasnt going until the sunday morning!!

note. not implying that any of youse are poseurs but you know what i mean

Katy
    Participant

@Damon we met Alex the Virgin Racing superfan who I’m sure you know from Twitter, and he got in touch with Geoff from Virgin Racing who runs their Twitter account and he DM’d us to ask for our mobile numbers and text to say if we’re lucky he’ll try and get us in the paddock, then between Q1 and 2 he text to say meet me outside the paddock entrance before Q2. I guess you could just try and be cheeky and DM him on Twitter, but it just depends if they’re schmoozing any sponsors, and as it’s the first race I’m guessing they might be :-/ it’s worth being cheeky though and asking :) you get to wear the headphones and listen to all the team radio!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.