F1

Portimao circuit layout?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sam3110
    Participant

Have they released what layout of the Portimao circuit they will use yet? I personally hope they use the Bahrain Turn 1/2 style layout, with the tighter hairpin at Torre Vip to aid overtaking opportunities.

hunocsi
    Participant

I asked @keithcollantine just today on Twitter about this, but he said he hasn’t heard anything official about it yet either.

Driving wise the fast first turn would probably be more fun, but for racing, I also think it’s better if they go with the tight turn.

James Brickles
    Participant

I reckon they can get away with using the fast first corner because the cars will be comfortably flat-out through the final corner to the point where they can follow each other easily. Plus that chicane looks horrid, like the fiddly chicane at Fuji.

hunocsi
    Participant

We’re one week away from first practice, and this is the first I read about the layout choice, it looks like it will be the fast first turn. I agree with Russell, I’m not a big simulator driver but I’ve always had an issue with track limits there.
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/152832/russell-tight-t1-algarve-layout-may-help-track-limits

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.