F1

Predictions – who will be the 2012 F1 world champion?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    matt90
    Participant

@raymondu999
    The real irony is that Superman being a comic was also a conspiracy. He’s actually real, and Webber knew this all along- he thought telling Vettel that it was a comic would crush him, causing Vettel to have a weak year. But it only made Vettel more determined to go out and beat the world (as a tribute to his ‘fictional’ hero). So Webber’s own conspiracy worked against him- he dug his own grave, fully deserving of his subsequent fail, and on top of all that probably deserved the double-blow of the whole Santa thing. Knowing all that, I don’t understand how Jack can still back Webber, when he is SO obviously deplorable.

On a more serious note, I’m going to leave this in the hope the thread can return to its original purpose…

If Mercedes have produced a beast of a car and it came down to Schumacher vs Rosberg, who would you pick? I’d go with Rosberg- Schumacher still needs to raise his quali performances. Plus I don’t want him to win either 100 races or 8 championships- I don’t want history to record him as being that far ahead of the other greats in terms of numbers. I want him to prove that a great driver can return and not embarrass himself, but taking the title would be too much.

raymondu999
    Participant

I still think Schumacher would top him.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aye Shumi would take it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@raymondu999 FINALLY we agree on something…. Schacher would beat Rosberg…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jack Though you still can’t see how much Massa under performs with the Ferrari Bias?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Hollis Graham Well sir, that is your opinion because we could just ask @raymondu999 to check his picture files to compare the Ferrari´s in order to know if they had the same car (which i think they did) and then you can have your answer. Even if Ferrari favours Alonso (I know they do) it´s just because he´s much MUCH better!

I know where you are going with this…. you are trying to make me say Vettel is better than Webber and I just won´t say it because I feel it in my gut that they are not being equal with Webber or the rest of the field for that matter… and seriously… I could throw something else but it would just spark MORE controversy and I want to avoid it… But seriously… ALL of the drivers that fought for the championship in 2010 scored more points than they did in that season… So I don´t believe they where slow or INCONSISTENT as it has been implied about WEBBER. I think you know where I´m going with this but I won´t say it because I see that there are a lot of RBR, SV fans here and it would be easy to gang up on one person just because he sees things from a BUSINESS point of view and not a “SPORT” point of view….

Just answer me one thing…. how come in practice, EVERYBODY can use DRS on EVERY part of the track but in racing they just use is on the DRS zone?? You´re probably gonna say because of the sensors…. That they have to be 1 sec. behind the next car, he has to be in the DRS zone, etc… but think about it… In QUALY they are hardly 1 sec. behind the next car and are OUT of the DRS zone yet still they use DRS. Do you think they change sensors for the race? NO…. they probably just have a big panel and press a buttons to activate individually the sensor on each car that is within the sec. and in the DRS zone…. if not… how do you explain DRS activation failure?? come on…. It´s a simple system… but it can be MANIPULATED!!! and that is just one thing; I could throw something else in but hey… most guys are going to call me stupid or an idiot for thinking outside the box… Do you think the DRS failure on FA´s Ferrari in Malasya while trying to overtake Hamilton was just a coincidence? Call me paranoid but I don´t think it was…

Just think about what I have said about cheating… Everybody has, they just haven´t gotten caught (They only get caught when they want to destroy somebody´s reputation or achievements). Remember what was said about Schumacher?? What Senna said Schumacher was running?? Call me stupid, ignorant or whatever… EVERYBODY cheats… as bad as it may seem, they do… so please, lets just drop the whole SV/MW comparisson because I already have my mind set on something that I will not say here in order to avoid MORE allegations…. And yes… FERRARI DOES FAVOUR ALONSO… He´s just sooooo much better on EQUAL rides than Massa!!

raymondu999
    Participant

how come in practice, EVERYBODY can use DRS on EVERY part of the track but in racing they just use is on the DRS zone??

so the car that is 1 second behind gets an advantage over the car that is 1s ahead of him.

most guys are going to call me stupid or an idiot for thinking outside the box

I’d suggest reading up regs and understanding why things are done in a certain way; and why things were introduced (such as DRS) before actually making predictions of conspiracies.

I already have my mind set on something

That’s fine. As long as you don’t tell people to set their mind on the same thing. I think quite a few people also have their mind set on that Webber isn’t good enough to beat Vettel over a season.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@raymondu999

“so the car that is 1 second behind gets an advantage over the car that is 1s ahead of him.”

You lost me there…. In practice and in qualy, they don´t have to be within 1 sec. in order to use DRS… THAT is what I´m saying…. and in racing they have to be!!! To make it short… the DRS system is MAN HANDLED in order to work!!! Eliminate THAT and then we might have fair racing… That way you eliminate the possibilities of favouring anybody or race outcomes!!! See what I mean???

raymondu999
    Participant

@Jack22 In practice and qualifying it’s meant to be equally available for everyone. Everyone can open it; it’s just a laptime-adding device. In the race it’s meant to create overtakes IN THE DRS ZONE.

You asked for some comparisons of the wings etc on the Ferraris. Here are a few examples of differences.

Valencia:

Belgium:

Korea:

There were more than this though. There was I think 1 or 2 races where a different rear wing was raced; but rear wing differences are usually a lot more subtle – and I’m not sure I can be really arsed to look for the differences in the curvature of the flaps right now.

I’m not saying Ferrari’s the only team doing it; but Ferrari is probably the team doing it the most. McLaren do it too; to a far lesser extent now than they used to in 2008/9, but they do. Red Bull do it about the same as McLaren. Part of that however would be due to driving styles – Button and Webber have styles quite different to Vettel and Hamilton.

Alonso and Massa, on the flipside; want the same stable rear. They USE it differently; but they want the same thing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@raymondu999

“That’s fine. As long as you don’t tell people to set their mind on the same thing. I think quite a few people also have their mind set on that Webber isn’t good enough to beat Vettel over a season.”

I know you can´t change what people think… and I´m not trying to… I´m just stating my opinions which is, i think, valid or no???
    Basically what I´m saying is that DRS is fine and all in order to boost overtaking…. BUT, it should be MECHANICAL, ELIMINATE human in activating the system and it would be perfect… if not, there is always DOUBT wether it´s being applied correctly…. I mean it could be so simple…. just have the darn thing activate when it passes the sensors… why does there have to be a DRS “detection” zone??? Just have it activate when it enters the DRS zone… simple…

raymondu999
    Participant

@Jack22 now I get what you mean. But if you make it an auto-activated system; the thing is, it decreases rear grip a lot. And if that catches you off guard, you spin off in to the wall. An example would be Sutil in Australia where he hit the button probably a tenth too early

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6AteRVIK4c

I haven’t heard of a DRS that is not activating due to the actual system. Usually what fails is the motor on the rear wing to be honest. It’s like the hinge on your door breaking – it happens.

Anyways, @australian I do apologise for derailing the thread so badly. Perhaps our friendly neighborhood moderators @estesark and @damonsmedley would call for a cleanup on aisle… whatever this aisle is?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@raymondu999
    I understand what you mean… but seriously.. THAT particular corner is famous for that… SCHUMI crashed in 2005 I think it was right there and it wasn´t due to DRS… the “piano” on that curve is notorious for that…. and DRS should only be activated when completely straight…. in curves it is just too dangerous!

If you´d like we can exchange msn and have this discussion online! lol

raymondu999
    Participant

@jack22 that would honestly be unpoliceable. What’s a straight? What’s a curve? Kemmel isn’t straight; but it’s “a” straight. How about Monaco? Nothing’s straight there; really. Except maybe the run up to Tabac. Just because a car is straight doesn’t mean you can immediately turn on DRS. You’d still end up spinning

Anonymous
    Inactive

@raymondu999
    “now I get what you mean. But if you make it an auto-activated system; the thing is, it decreases rear grip a lot.”

You still don´t understand what I´m trying to say… it wouldn´t be completely automatic… The driver would still have to press the button in order for it to work…. but the system would be armed for EVERYBODY and only in THAT particular zone once the car enters the DRS zone… any clearer now??? he could press the button all he wants outside the DRS zone and it still wouldn´t work UNTIL he enters that ZONE!! That is what I´m trying to explain!!! Simple and effective! And the 3 lap rule could still be effective… after 3 laps have gone by…. flip the switch and ARM the system for EVERYBODY regardless if they are 1 sec behind the car in front! Would be much better and it would make for much more interesting viewing… THAT way… the backrunners might be able to stay in the mix… Now that is just an idea…

DRS is not only for overtaking…. it works much the same way the f-duct used to work…. it stalls the rear wing and eliminates drag allowing an increase of speed…. all in all it would be like KERS + KERS so to say and keep it simple…. The only difference with DRS is that EVERYBODY has it AND it can be MANIPULATED…. see what I´m getting at now??? Management COULD decide who gets it and when!! THAT is what I have been trying to explain!

The idea of it is GREAT because it does boost overtaking BUT it is flawed because it can be easy to manipulate it…. There have been times where DRS hasn´t been working at the begining of the race for someone and later in the race it “fixes” itself??? WTF??? If a “hinge” brakes…. IT BREAKS but it can´t fix itself… And I don´t believe DRS works with a motor… AIR pressure makes it move I believe at least in closing mode… not sure about opening…

raymondu999
    Participant

Aha… but the point of DRS is to give the car that is 1s behind a boost so he can make an overtake. If the car ahead of him has the same boost – there would be no overtake. The system IS automatic and it does everything you do now; except for the added rule of that it’s only for the car behind, and only if it’s 1s behind the car in front.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.