F1

Red Bull Favouring Vettel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Faraz
    Participant

I have been thinking in these past two races, Mark has been quite largely off the pace of Vettel.

Last year Horner had said that Red Bull would be shaped around Vettel, in the future, however he did not tell us how early in the future.

Could this be a sign that Red Bull have already decided that the team should focus on Sebastien.

Leaving Mark fighting alone in the cockpit.

Had his championship challenge for 2011, had already been decided during the development of the RB7??

Has Vettel got a car which suits him better?

What do you think??

davey
    Participant

No its a sign that Mark Webber just hasn’t been good enough so far this season, although it seems a car problem has caused that in both cases, the third spring in Melbourne and the KERS in Kuala Lumpur.

TommyB
    Participant

Two problems for Webbers in the first two races. Exactly the same as what Vettel had last year.

David-A
    Participant

Two problems for Webbers in the first two races. Exactly the same as what Vettel had last year.

The fact that Vettel still got more points than Webber in those two races last year really says it all.

Macca
    Participant

The fact that Vettel still got more points than Webber in those two races last year really says it all.

Not really because Webber had a problem in Bahrain last year as well. He was blocked in qualy which left him in 8th and it is impossible to pass at that circuit.

David-A
    Participant

He was blocked in qualy which left him in 8th and it is impossible to pass at that circuit.

I cant remember him being blocked, but he qualified 6th and finished 8th.

Calum
    Participant

Probably making sure he will leave at the end of the year so they can bring in Hamilton or something…. ;)

AndrewTanner
    Participant

If this was the case from RBR Mark Webber would have already made it abundantly clear to the press. He’s just not on it yet.

Oscar Becker
    Participant

http://sniffpetrol.com/category/picturenews/page/3/

I had to do this

Look at the picture at the bottom of the page

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I don’t think Webber’s lck of performance has anything to do with Red Bull favouring Vettel. I’ve never heard of a team favouring one driver so much that he ends up so far ahead of his team-mate as Vettel is.

DavidS
    Participant

Webber’s complaints about favouritism where with regards to emotional support given by senior consultants in the team.

Horner is not the top dog at the team, as there is always someone who reaches for his phone whenever something doesn’t go to plan. Horner’s relationship with Webber is pretty strong, Webber’s pit crew are all on his side.

I think Mark hasn’t had the start to the season he’s hoped for, which is made worse by Vettel being on a hot streak at the moment. Hopefully that commanding drive in Malaysia indicates that he’s returned to form.

wasiF1
    Participant

I don’t think so,Mark had problem in both the races so far this season.

Doance
    Participant

Webber seems to always get the worse strategy than Vettel. In the Malaysian GP when they said Webber was going to stop 4 times and Vettel only 3 I was thinking that was the team favouring Vettel again.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I don’t think so. Vettel has always been a better driver than Mark but his immaturity and lack of experience over the last two seasons allowed them to fight in the championship. Now that Vettel has won the championship his confidence has rocketed through the roof and ever since Korea last year he’s been brilliantly level headed.

I’ve been super impressed by him so far this year and his ability to manage a race from the front. Webber is harder on his tyres than Vettel and the problems he’s had in the last two races have put him amongst the pack, which have exacerbated his tyre wear. He still drove a fantastic race yesterday and I’m sure there will be occasions this year when he beats Vettel.

Favouritism? No. Seb is simply a better driver, and would make a whole lot of sense if the team did start to focus on Vettel should the championship tighten up.

Icthyes
    Participant

“Kubica pops out for some milk”

Of course Vettel is the favourite, it’s why Red Bull pursued their risky strategy last year which depended on Alonso making an error to give them the championship. It’s not what’s made him faster though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.