F1

Ross Brawn to Leave Mercedes at the end of 2013

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant

BBC Sport has stated he is leaving: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24725406

Where is he going to go?

Loup Garou
    Participant

Where is he going to go?

Also, in what capacity? Brawn is a technical man at heart isn’t he? Maybe being the Team principal and all the attendant admin and media activity did not suit him.

himmatsj
    Participant

That is sad indeed, that Nolbert Haug decided to ditch the man who made this all possible. I fear now that Mercs will run away with the 2014 title, forgetting the contributions of Brawn amid that (though it may be payback for 2009 then I guess).

I reckon he could go back to Ferrari, or maybe try a new adventure at McLaren. Apparently, Tony is a personal friend of his, so Caterham might be in the running too.

Diceman
    Participant

How about Williams? The co-operation between Brawn and Symmonds has worked fine before.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

I thought Haug was now in a different field? It’s the new coalition that is now backed by the Mercedes board – Lauda and Wolff, with Lowe running things in the team. Germans in the credit roles for a German company (I’m speculating here), especially if there is success in 2014 (along with the PR boost that gives).

Possible options: Williams by buying Wolff’s shares, running the team outright in the Patrick Head role with Symmonds (with Claire for her father I guess).

McLaren-Honda from his Honda relationship, they know he can bring success as 2009 showed. McLaren need some strong leadership too to recover themselves. Honda coming on strong could help them for this.

Ferrari – would have to move back to Italy, and most people from the glory days have gone. But Allison is returning… But is it now Stefano’s team? Don’t think they’d remove him from being the team leader.

Caterham must be a dark horse! Depends how long Brawn wants to stay involved in F1. He certainly likes it, so it’s a case of when he wants to retire. The FIA is an intriguing option, I imagine Brawn would sort it right out!

himmatsj
    Participant

Ross Brawn and Jean Todt running the show at the FIA would do little to inspire confidence, even if I think Brawn could do well there. Reason is, already Ferrari are said to be in a covert deal with the FIA, and then two of their leaders there…nah it won’t do good for the sport.

Todfod
    Participant

Honestly, Brawn should be replacing Whitmarsh. Martins a nice guy, but quite a poor team leader. As a lot of evidence would suggest, he isn’t the best manager or decision maker either.

If Brawn joins Mclaren for 2014, and Alonso would join Mclaren in 2015… it might make f1 a whole lot more interesting

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I’m really hoping he goes to McLaren. Ever since Whitmarsh has been in charge, the team has become a lot more likeable, but a bit of Brawn’s technical magic would do the team wonders. I imagine it wouldn’t have much of an effect for 2014, as neither did his appearance at Honda in 2008, but 2015 and the Woking team could once again be a force to be reckoned with.

Meander
    Participant

We talked about this on the forum here.

I think it was Bild that reported he was moving to McLaren. Probably guessing a bit though.

Todfod
    Participant

Brawn + Alonso in 2015 Mclaren Honda.

I really hope that happens. Ferrari look too incompetent to deserve a driver of Alonso’s calibre.

Now only if we could get James Allison to leave Ferrari along with Alonso, we would be in for a real cracker of a 2015 season

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope he does go to Williams. If he can do for them what he did for Honda in 2008 (albeit without the management buy-out, although that’s only for sentimental reasons xD) then i’d be happy.

Steph
    Participant

There was some chatter on Sky this weekend about Brawn to Williams. I don’t like silly season or believe the rumours but for anyone interested Ted interviewed Frank Williams about Brawn and Williams didn’t rule it out, suggested that he might not have the money though, was very complimentary about Brawn but said he was hesitant to say anything further as it may offend the people he is currently employing.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

He looked a little dejected at this gp.

Edit: Duplicate thread closed by moderator

Mercedes confirm Ross Brawn will leave team

For more information see the forum rules

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.