F1

Sauber also for sale?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Tweet from PitlaneTalk: “Eddie Jordan: Sauber faces its biggest crisis and the best thing would be to sell the team. They don’t have money to fix their problems”

Eddie Jordan is usually right so, could we have 2 less teams next year?

Lucas Wilson
    Participant
    R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

I really, really hope not.

Roald
    Participant

As long as the team is being sold it’s not that bad. We don’t want less teams competing next year though.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Rumours a while back suggested Sauber would go down the path of linking with a manufacturer again, like they did with BMW. Only it’s set to be VW this time. So VW Sauber for 2015 I reckon.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Very interesting… VW Sauber!

toiago
    Participant

Volkswagen has persistently denied any kind of short term future involvement in F1, so I am skeptic to whether they’ll give it a go after all.

SeaHorse
    Participant

I won’t mind that much if the team were to be sold vis-à-vis disappearing from the grid altogether. With VW’s attention more on WEC, I guess Sauber might as well rechristened Forza Rossa.

Deej92
    Participant

I would say a return for BMW to team Hinwil would be more likely than Volkswagen, although I really can’t see another manufacturer entering next year. 2016 perhaps.

George
    Participant

Well Peter already semi-retired so it wouldn’t surprise me if he sold the team on.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

With Forza Rossa basing themselves in Munich, it’s hard to see who will buy Sauber and Caterham at the current time. We’ll have two ready made replacements if they both go belly up over the next two years….

Caterham winding up at the end of 2014 may be replaced by Forza Rossa for 2015, in exactly the same place on the race track.
    Sauber winding up at the end of 2015 may be replaced by Haas for 2016, possibly in the same place on the race track.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.