F1

Schumacher’s 2012 season

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    TheJudge
    Participant

After these 7 GP’s into the 2012 F1 season,everybody is more or less interested in Merc perfomance. And there have been a few questions about what’s going on with Michael Schumacher,his race team or his car. Compaired to Nico Rosberg he has again been out-resulted. In press many have rushed to say that this ,so called bad luck, is no coincidence.
    Express your oppinion on Schumacher situation. What do you think – is it bad luck or something else?

Kingshark
    Participant

Some traitor Mercedes employee is making a fortune right now by constantly betting on a Schumacher DFN each GP.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I don’t really understand the thread title – how is there any controversy surrounding Schumacher? The man has just had some bad luck and a frightfully-unreliable car. I haven’t seen a single comment from the mainstream media to suggest that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Some traitor Mercedes employee is making a fortune right now by constantly betting on a Schumacher DFN each GP.

Well, at least someone is getting something out of it.

S.J.M
    Participant

Im not Michaels biggest fan, and even I know that for 5 or so races he’s had dire luck indeed. Granted, he has had 1 bad race by himself (Spanish GP) had consequences for his excellent Monaco qualy. His DRS fault could happen to anyone, we’ve seen a few times that it has failed to varying degrees (opening when it shouldnt, I think it happened to Alonso in China last year).

Not sure what conspiracy he’s involved with however.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Not sure what conspiracy he’s involved with however.

Someone posted a ridiculous article the other day suggesting that Mercedes – the car company, not the team – was conspiring to drive Schumacher out of the team by deliberately sabotaging his car. This conspiracy theory is let down by several things: 1) if Mercedes wanted to get rid of Schumacher, there are easier ways of firing him; 2) if Schumacher left the team mid-season, there are no really-viable candidates to replace him because he is still the best drievr available; and 3) Mercedes are believed to be quarreling with Bernie Ecclestone over the terms offered under the seventh Concorde Agreement because Bernie supposedly does not think the team is worth much to the sport – if this is the case, then sabotaging Schumacher’s car will only result in less points for the team, weakening their position in negotiations with Bernie.

Enigma
    Participant

Exactly – there’s no reason why they would do that. It’s not like what was happening (in the same team) with Button and Barrichello in 2009 – I’m not suggesting anything, nor do I think they were favouring one driver over the other, but there were reasons to do so. At Mercedes it just makes no sense how it would be good for anyone or anything.

Estesark
    Participant

I changed the topic title from Schumacher controversy to Schumacher’s 2012 season.

matt90
    Participant

PM, that article was satirical I believe.

Girts
    Participant

It’s just bad luck. No sane team would ever sabotage their own driver and I also don’t think that his driving style is to blame for his car’s woes. This comic probably describes Michael’s season best.

He obviously destroyed his own race in Spain but, other than that, he’s shown a decent performance even if it hasn’t been as good as Rosberg’s. I hope that MS wins at least one race this year as he deserves it but I also hope that he retires after the end of 2012.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

that article was satirical I believe.

Well, it wasn’t very good satire then.

cduk_mugello
    Participant

I think when looking at Schumacher in 2012, you’ve really got to look at it in context. The equivalent would be Ayrton Senna racing in 2003.

When you look at it like that, it’s remarkable that Schumacher is still driving so well, and still has so much apparent motivation. I don’t want him to retire. If I wanted him to retire it would be circa Canada 2010, but even then I didn’t want him to retire because watching an F1 race with Schumacher in it makes it infinitely more exciting for me, whether he comes first or last.

xjr15jaaag
    Participant

I think that he should, if possible, spend even more time at the factory, and keep a note of ever incident that has led him to retire. Then, he can personally work with the designers and mechanics as to how to eradicate these design flaws.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I don’t think it’s a problem with the design of the car – Rosberg isn’t having the same issues.

Force Maikel
    Participant

Perhaps the car is to fragile for his driving style? I know it sounds stupid but it wouldn’t be a first. But honestly it just bad luck.

TheJudge
    Participant

It seems One mans luck can run out at some point. But yeah,reading all the comments and oppinions on my article here,It seems like it’s just racing after all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.