F1

Should Webber leave Red Bull or retire?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Jon Sandor
    Participant

Silverstone 2011 made no sense whatsoever. What’s the point of asking Webber to hold position othen than to insult him

You’re just squirting ink there. Webber has broken team orders and gotten away with it. Full stop. Trying to argue that THOSE team orders made no sense to you does not help your cause.

Vettel’s 3 WDCs – Webber was almost as important in winning them as Vettel.

Hah ha. Wait – where does Adrian Newey fit in?

In the past, you could see pride in Horner’s eyes when Vettel won. Yesterday, there was shame and guilt in helping create this monster…

I really think you’d enjoy WWF. Give it a shot.

Jon Sandor
    Participant

I really wish the same issues that plagued Webber over the past 3 years surface in Vettel’s car this season

Heavens forfend that reality should intrude on your fondest dreams, but Vettel has been harder hit by mechanical problems than Webber during their time together.

DavidS
    Participant

@Jon Sandor
    They are talking about the countless times Webber had no KERS.

Michael
    Participant

@Jon Sandor
    You may wish to switch glasses to a brand that offers a more objective lens. Since you seem to be an avid fan of WWF, might I recommend one that does not break easily, sir?

wsrgo
    Participant

@DavidS And how many races has MW lost because of his KERS failures??? Vettel lost the 2010 Bahrain,Australian,Korean GP’s,the 2011 Abu Dhabi and the 2012 European GP’s due to unreliability….

wsrgo
    Participant

@Michael And how did Webber help Vettel in winning the 2011 championship??? He finished over 150 points behind SV that year. I think your unreasonable hatred of Vettel is making you say stupid things such as these. Get a grip on yourself and carefully analyze what you have said…though it wont be easy for folks like you,i know

wsrgo
    Participant

I fully agree with Jon Sandor that these events have exposed Webber’s hypocrisy…how he continues to be regarded as a hero by the public inspite of such two-timing is beyond my comprehension….

Journeyer
    Participant

@wsrgo Because the fans feel (rightly or wrongly) that Red Bull is bias towards Vettel and is not giving Webber a fair shot (We have Helmut Marko to thank for that.) So when they see that Red Bull wants to give Webber a chance to win (which for them is something unusual) and Vettel takes it away anyway, they bring out the pitchforks.

F1Yankee
    Participant

i would not be surprised if webbo does not see the end of 2013 with red bull, either his choice or theirs. if anyone over there has another reason to complain, he’s out right away. rbr has been 100% vettel’s team since before he got there.

what i find most distasteful isn’t team orders (a favorite among you guys i know) or even vettel’s lack of respect/sportsmanship, it’s the litany of lame excuses and phony apologies that followed. you knew exactly what you were doing and you’re not sorry, you’re sorry you have to hear it. perhaps he’s sorry his veneer of innocence has been stripped.

Michael
    Participant

@wrsgo that’s your opinion and I respect it – cheers mate

Slr
    Participant

I fully agree with Jon Sandor that these events have exposed Webber’s hypocrisy

I think most drivers would be a hypocrite in this situation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

After the podium and post-race interviews, I thought he wouldn’t bother coming back. Red Bull will turn up in China having had to make a last-minute decision to scrabble around and get Buemi or Ricciardo in the second seat.

Now I think Mark will be there in China. If he hasn’t given up on Red Bull before, why would he leave on a whim now? He’ll probably skulk around for the remainder of the season, possibly making a nuisance of himself to the team until they fire him or he leaves F1 for good at the end of the year. Another Number 2 fading into the mists, like the Trulli’s Fisichellas and Barrichellos before him.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If he stays…. he should torpedo Seb´s chances for WDC. He´s on his way out anyways…. and RBR have treated him like poo far too long….

ShaneB457
    Participant

If Webber has any fight in him (which he does), he should drive the wheels of that Red Bull for the last 17 races, pulverise his teammate, win the world championship and then retire with his head held high while giving a big middle finger to his team before moving to endurance racing or Australian V8 supercars. He should be motivated enough after what has happend over the last few years, and what occured in Malaysia really should be the nail in the coffin. He needs to go out of this sport with a bang, not with a whimper.

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

Did not check this thread for a day and now there’s too much to read. Holy Mosley.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.