F1

Sign the petition against alternating Spa with any other race

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

FOM’s motivations are probably the same as they were pre-recession. They just either a) didn’t see the recession coming, b) under-estimated the effects of the recession, or c) chose to ignore the recession because they felt that if they lowered the cost of holding a race to compensate for the recession, then they would not be able to raise the price back to its original levels once the recession was over.

Maciek
    Participant

No denying those are the cold hard facts of it and that’s exactly why it is a sad, sad thing that FOM hold so much of F1’s future in their hands. Hopefully they don’t end up shooting themselves and the sport in the foot.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I don’t think they will. I’ve heard the new Concorde Agreement will have a provision giving priority to new European races before any others, provided they can be found.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Can’t get behind this, sorry. Putting pressure on a struggling circuit to deliver more than possible doesn’t sit well with me.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I think that summarises my feelings quite nicely, @andrewtanner – this petition is a product of fans who expect everything, but don’t want to pay anything for it, and so assume that someone can magically give them whatever they want when they want it and without consequence.

Julia
    Participant

I totally agree with the petition! I love Spa, and I think it should held F1 race in every year! One of the nicest places of the calendar.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@barthdesigns – But do you agree with the idea of forcing the event to maintain the race when it clearly cannot do so?

Julia
    Participant

Why? You mean financial problems? In this case, we should consider leaving it out from the calendar, I think. We like it so much, but we have to understand some things that counts for “the big fishes”.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.