F1

Silly Season: 2015 F1 Driver Market

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Theo Parkinson
    Participant

It looks like the wait is because Alonso is deciding how long he’ll spend at Mclaren. He probably just wants a one year deal incase a Mercedes becomes available, but due to Vettel already moving, the negotiation is difficult as Ron doesn’t want to see Alonso jump his ship after one year again. If Alonso does get stuck in a multi year deal, I doubt Mercedes will buy him out, as that’s a lot of money for the difference between Lewis and an old Fernando.

Sri Harsha
    Participant

Its been a long time but is there any news about Which Mclaren driver is going to be in 2015
    and What about Romain Grosjean Is there any news

Todd
    Participant

@harsha – Seems Grosjean is due to remain with Lotus, and it seems Button is due to be replaced with Alonso. Neither of those have been confirmed yet, but that’s the generally accepted idea of whats going to happen.

Sri Harsha
    Participant

@braketurnaccelerate
    I read a rumour that Checo is trying to get a seat at Lotus which might replace Grosjean dont know how much of this is true
    Any idea when the Official Information can be out of Both Mclaren – Honda and Scuderia Ferrari?

Todd
    Participant

@harshahttp://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/10/16524.html

Seems like Grosjean is almost guaranteed to be at Lotus, and Maldonado was confirmed back in July. I read the articles about Checo and Lotus. It seems like Checo has offered Lotus his services, and his backers’ sponsorships as a backup plan to FI, but I don’t think Lotus ever approached him about it.

Nick
    Participant

Considerding Boullier’s words of teams needing a 6 months notice and seeing how Arrows and Super Aguri went out, I’d say the following is possible.

Mercedes
    Hamilton
    Rosberg

Red Bull
    Ricciardo
    Kvyatt

Williams
    Bottas
    Massa

Ferrari
    Vettel
    Raikkonen

McLaren Honda
    Button
    Magnussen

Force India
    Hulkenberg
    Perez

Toro Rosso
    Vergne
    Verstappen

Lotus
    Grosjean
    Maldonado

Sauber
    Nasr
    Sirotkin

ForzaAlanRabbit
    Participant

Marussia to be saved but will probably keep the same name.
    Forza Rosso to join up with Caterham.

Mercedes: Rosberg and Hamilton
    Red Bull: Ricciardo and Kvyat
    Ferrari: Vettel and Raikkonen
    Williams: Bottas and Massa
    McLaren: Alonso and Magnussen
    FI: Hulkenberg and Perez
    Toro Rosso: verstappen and Lynn
    Lotus: Grosjean and Maldonado
    Sauber: Gutierrez and Vergne(hopefully)
    Marussia: Marciello and Rossi
    Forza Rosso Caterham: Ericsson and Merhi

Theo Parkinson
    Participant

Just so you know, Mclaren’s website is now available in Spanish.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

@theo-hrp That’s kind of them, Button’s only been in Santander ads for god knows how many years!

Alonso: “I’ll do the driving, you do the ads..”

hunocsi
    Participant

They had a Mexican driver last year… And Spanish language since about then as well.

Nick
    Participant

Williams’ site is not available in Finnish or Portuguese. I think this means Button and Hamilton are joining them for 2015.

The Scuderia Ferrari website is available in Spanish, but not in Finnish or German. This means either a Spanish, English, Italian or Chinese driver will replace Raikkonen at Ferrari.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

“Ferrari have decided to gazump Red Bull, and place their Chinese academy driver in the second Ferrari for 2015, being the youngest ever F1 driver. He’ll have to have home schooling when not F1 racing, but cramming is common in China. This means another pay-off of Kimi Raikkonen, and Hulkenberg is overlooked once more (he got another text message). Their justification for this was that their car doesn’t look promising, engine either, and that, even if he ‘did a Badoer’ every race, Ferrari still get the most money of everyone on the grid. Thus, they decided to try and sell some merchandise in China…”

AlbertC
    Participant

Swedish media and Swiss newspaper Blick puts Marcus Ericsson in Sauber for next year.

AlbertC
    Participant
    Sri Harsha
    Participant

Marcus in Sauber will he become like Sirkotin or will he takes place along side Sutil
    About Sutil i heard Sauber want him to continue for 2015 as well

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.