F1

Sky explain cheapest deal for F1 channel

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    cduk_mugello
    Participant

“The document has some data on the channel – for starters it’s off-air more often than it’s on air”

Talk about glass half full!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

This is obviously far less than F1 gets at the moment in the UK.

Wasn’t the Sky-BBC deal supposed to get more viewers?

Asanator
    Participant

The doc has moved or been taken down, does anyone have a link to where it is now?

Cheers :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I still cannot fathom how anyone ever came up with that thought.

W-K
    Participant

This is obviously far less than F1 gets at the moment in the UK.

Neither can I.
    Actually it is a cinical attempt by the BBC to re-time a well watched program into “prime time TV” and therefore get more viewers than the competitors during that period, under the disguise of cost cutting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad to see Sky know what they’re talking about… Martin Brundle will “dividing his time
    between paddock, pit-lane and commentary box”

David Croft will be “joining Martin Brundle in the commentary
    box for all qualifying sessions and races”

Anthony Davidson “will be re-united with
    David Croft to commentate on all the qualifying sessions”

So what, practise sessions will be conducted in silence? Clearly it’s a typo, and Anthony Davidson will be joining David Croft in all practise sessions, but still, people like me are going to jump on errors like that when they’re in an official document by the company who has just bought the rights to a sport many people care deeply about.

FastFred
    Participant

There’s an offer on at B&Q at the moment that gets a complete Freesat HD kit (dish, mounting, cable, cable ties, bolts, receiver) all for 50 quid. I also got a satellite finder for £5 from Screwfix.

Very easy to install if you have basic DIY skills – took me about an hour and a half. The important part is that you can use it for any satellite within range – Astra 2, Hotbird etc.

So all in all less than £60 to get the RTL coverage – I just need to tune into Radio 5 live to get English commentary.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I’m in a bit of a pickle at the moment. I’m with Virgin Media and i’m wanting to get one of their TiVo boxes so I can record all the motorsport I miss. This carries a 12 month contract with it. I want to get this ordered at the end of this month so I can have it ready for the start of the various formulae I follow. However, I don’t want to dive into another contract if Virgin and Sky can’t bang their heads together for the good of the consumer.

I just wish I had an answer!

I’m pretty certain I will be able to get it but Sky aren’t exactly filling me with much confidence at the moment.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

@ajokay @prisoner-monkeys Regarding your viewing figures post, it really makes no sense. Clearly, less people subscribe to premium television than those who enjoy Freeview/digital terrestrial so that’s one reason to expect figures to be lower.

Plus, many of the regulars who rely on the BBC may not bother watching at all if they can’t watch the whole season.

robk23
    Participant

I’m not sure what I’m going to do this year either. I would prefer to go with Virgin Media but my area doesn’t have the cables yet and they won’t be installed until the season has already started. Sky would be my only option to watch all the races, I could still receive two signals on my existing dish though.

The other problem is that I’m going to a few BTCC rounds this year and half of the season clashes with Formula 1 races. I’m likely to end up watching highlights of some of the races the Beeb have live as well as a few of the Sky exclusive ones, so it kind of does make me wonder is it actually worth me getting a subscription? The answer is probably not.

@ajokay glad I wasn’t the only one!

OK, can I ask a silly question? IF I swallowed by pride and subscribed to Sky HD, is there technically a way to output the F1 HD channel to a standard definition TV (albeit clearly it wouldn’t be HD), or do I have to buy a new telly too or subscribe to the sports pack to get standard definition?!

W-K
    Participant

Just seen on the Guardian website that Sky are to start Web TV.

BSkyB is to launch an internet television service to take on rivals such as Netflix, LoveFilm and YouView.

The service will launch in the first half of this year, around the time when YouView is due to hit the market, and will give customers the chance to pay for downloading films without a contract or satellite dish.

Sport and entertainment are due to be added to the offering soon afterwards.

Full story at http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jan/31/bskyb-netflix-internet-tv-service

cmckinleyF1
    Participant

Sky says there’ll be an announcement about the support race coverage this week. Hopefully whatever they show will be on the F1 channel rather than say Sky Sports 3 or 4

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • The topic ‘Sky explain cheapest deal for F1 channel’ is closed to new replies.