F1

The Pirelli debate

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Does anyone know why Sutil was faster than Vettel on older medium tyres but slower than Hamilton on the supersoft?
    Wasn’t the red striped tyre supposed to be the faster of the two with the higher degradation that was used in Q3?

magon4
    Participant

Probably the track temperature, and the smaller window of performance in supersofts.

magon4
    Participant

Vettel said today it is not fun to drive on these tyres.
    This is not good. And I know he’s not the only one who thinks this way.

Michael
    Participant

Webber was also quoted that Pirelli is dominating the grand prix weekends. Everything is around tyres, tyres, tyres, tyres, tyres….

For the sake of variety the FIA might want to add some driving into the mix. I thought Pirelli was going to fix the issues this year…

Still camileon
    Participant

What is clear is that if we must create artificial conditions like DRS or tyres that last only four or five laps then F1 is in deep trouble and heading in the wrong direction, Much like football only the teams with the highest budgets can win on a regular basis and anyone trying to take them on will end up bankrupt or worse. It would seem that only the drivers with the highest profiles could ask for F1 to look again at the way forward but then if they win on a regular basis then why would they bother.
    It would appear to me that the sport must restart from somewhere in the past when the races were truly worth watching and that must be when the budgets were much lower and the aerodynamic effect was much less important otherwise the future will be more and more gimmicks and artificial racing and ultimately less and less viewers.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.