F1

The FOM race edit thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    damonsmedley
    Participant

Because we need it! Every time FOM posts a new video, you’ll be notified in this thread. Song names and quirky facts about the videos will also be found here. I’m hoping we can all discuss the choice of music for each edit and then rate it out of 10.

Basically, just post anything to do with FOM race edits!

After viewing the edit, post your thoughts and rate it on the following:

Song choice: Y/N
    Editing: /10
    Choice of footage: /10
    Favourite moment:
    Overall rating: /10

Really looking forward to (hopefully) finding some others that enjoy these edits as much as I do!

damonsmedley
    Participant

Let’s begin:

Round 1: Melbourne
    Song: 30 Seconds to Mars: “Kings and Queens”

Song choice:
    Editing:
    Choice of footage:
    Favourite moment:
    Overall rating:

(I’ll post Malaysia shortly, just wanted some reactions for the first edit first!)

Stephen Jones
    Participant

Flashy! I like it!

Song choice: 4/10
    Editing: 9/10 much better than last year (2/10 for sound, absolutely butchered the song)
    Choice of footage: 8/10, really good! would like more emphasis on the moves (vettel, nico) and the final lap
    Favourite moment: The intro with the sunrise/sunset, crowds, etc.. really beautiful!
    Overall rating: 8/10 awesome! apart from the song editing, which was the worst i’ve seen

Browny
    Participant

Great Idea @damonsmedley a massive thanks too for the Channel ten 2008 F1 intro and the “Tight Corners song”, your a legend

Round 1: Melbourne
    Song: 30 Seconds to Mars: “Kings and Queens”

Song choice: 5/10, not a bad song, better than last years ones but still no where near the greatness of their 2008/10 material
    Editing: 9/10 brilliant as always
    Choice of footage: 7/10 again quite good, wish they would show a little bit more of Melbourne though
    Favourite moment: The intro of the empty track and the crowds, really gets you excited for the new season, and wish they showed me at GP haha
    Overall rating: 6/10, need a better song

Browny
    Participant

also has any got a video of, or the music from the F1.com race highlights for 2007. They used the same awesome music for all the races but i can’t track down any video’s of it and the song really good

Browny
    Participant

are we going to look at the Malaysian Edit?

damonsmedley
    Participant

Round 2: Sepang
    Songs: Ben Wheeler: Tight Corners, DJ Fresh: Hypercaine

Song choice:
    Editing:
    Choice of footage:
    Favourite moment:
    Overall rating:

Kingshark
    Participant

Song Choice – 7
    Editing – 9
    Choice of footage – 8
    Favourite moment – The end of the race, after Alonso wins.
    Overall Rating – 8

Browny
    Participant

Song choice: 9/10, love the Tight corners song
    Editing: 8.5/10
    Choice of footage: 8.5
    Favourite moment: Showing the rain and thunder
    Overall rating:9/10

matt90
    Participant

Think this needs updating.

matt90
    Participant

And I’ll add now, Rise Against in China- fantastic. The Blackout in Bahrain- I swear to God I can’t escape that band. I’ve seen them live about 5 or 6 times despite finding them a bit annoying, just because they’re at every gig or festival I go to.

damonsmedley
    Participant

Round 3: Shanghai
    Song: Rise Against: Long Forgotten Sons

Song choice:
    Editing:
    Choice of footage:
    Favourite moment:
    Overall rating:

sato113
    Participant

why not put some nice DnB or dance music on instead? don’t need punky rock. i swear every video edit has the same music genre to it.

Pamphlet
    Participant

@sato113 – Because they’d fit F1 even less. If this works then why change it?

I’d also argue that those genres are even worse than punk(y) rock, but then that’s a matter of taste.

damonsmedley
    Participant

@sato113 I actually don’t mind Rise Against (their “Broken Mirrors” worked well with the Malaysian edit from last year before they changed the song) and I think that song was OK in the Chinese edit.

But last year it was becoming a bit too predictable with the music. I think drum & bass works better with the edits, but we can’t have that every race. 2010 had the best music as far as variety — and all of the songs seemed to suit the footage. Last year there was some truly awful music, such as in the Valencia and Shanghai edits.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.