F1

What did you think of F1's 'season launch' event in Melbourne?

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Did you watch the Melbourne F1 season launch event ahead of the Australian Grand Prix?

I like the concept of the event but the whole thing didn’t quite work for me. Bored drivers floated in on a cheap-looking boat where they were greeted by massively enthusiastic presenters:

FOM did loads of promotion on social media asking fans to send in questions, but few of them seemed to appear.

I do think they should do something to kick off the start of the season, and I like this idea in principle, but somehow it just didn’t work.

What did you think of it?

Dutchguy
    Participant

It really felt like a bit of a cliche. same old faces, same questions. Kimi got cheered on, Ricciardo got cheered on – as was to be expected….
    Nothing new under the sun.

But if it gets the casual worked up, who am I to complain?
    (doubt it though)

also, the “music” used in the interludes between the teams was absolutely awful

LizaZam
    Participant

Idea is good as for me

Scottie
    Participant

It was the same old stuff to be honest.

Next time, get the hosts to think of some different questions and that’ll get some reactions from the drivers and teams. Some show cars around the square/plaza wouldn’t go astray too.

The way it was presented, and the questions asked, was just plain boring, as it’s all we ever hear in the lead-up to any race of the season.

Come on, mix it up F1!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t see the actual launch but was 300m down the river to see where all the drivers come out the hotel and on to the boat (sadly the same hotel where Charlie died that night). Crowd seemed pretty good and Federation Square was packed. The drivers on the boat waiting seemed in great spirits, Dan Ric gave Daniil a great welcome. I think drivers get bored with the same questions to be honest.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.