F1

What’s in a name?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Boxcar Racer
    Participant

@Asanator Siesta Racing?

Ok, that’s too witty! :)

ob1kenobi.23
    Participant
    Boxcar Racer
    Participant

Those Pegaso cars certainly look the part and they’re Spanish!
    Pegaso F1 is certainly better than HRT.

Hispania are awesome

Funkyf1
    Participant

I don’t think they are hated as much as they are uninteresting, if their car performed, I think there would be a little more interest in the team.

Rob Myers

Didn’t Luis Perez Sala team principal of Hormone Replacement Therapy say that they were considering a name change in the not too distant future. I think anythings better than the rather crass nationalistic image they’ve got going now. They need a title sponsor who willing to suffer some indignity at being back of the grid but perhaps a little controversial. Perhaps Durex could make a return to the sport even in they were bringing up the rear :P

http://fernandoisfasterthanyou.blogspot.co.uk/

GeeMac
    Participant

I personally am a big fan of HRT. My reasons are two-fold. Firstly, I admire their competitive spirit. They are on the grid because they want to go racing and they are fighting for their survival just so that they can have the privilege of being on the grid. That alone is enough for me to back them wholeheartedly. Secondly, as a purist (as most regulars of this site are), the battle at the back (and middle) of the grid is as important to me as the battle at the front. It is just as dramatic and has the same levels of intrigue for me. It may get a lot less column inches than the battle at the front, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t important and exciting.

People say “HRT are hopeless” and “HRT just plod around at the back” but when all is said and done they beat Virgin/Marussia in 2010 and 2011, so they aren’t the worst team out there by definition. In fact, with all the bad press HRT get I’d be ashamed if I was Virgin/Marussia, because what does it make you if you can’t beat the worst team on the grid!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.