F1

When is F1 2013 Calender announced

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mrgrieves
    Participant

Hey people. Works holidays for 2013 is starting to fill up a bit much for my liking.

Does anyone remember when the calender for next season is announced so i can get some of the races off. Couldnt remember if the provisional calender was out in June last year or if it was the other side of the summer.

Slr
    Participant

It came out June last year, but it’s different each year. I think the 2009 calendar wasn’t finalised until December in 2008, so it might be out soon, or it could be out much later on in the year.

I was expecting the first draft after last week’s WMSC meeting but nothing. I’d expect something soon, though.

Most races will probably remain in their current slots but COTA may be moved earlier to accommodate New Jersey.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

It is apparently due in July:

Leo Hindery Jr., the former endurance racer and YES network head who is organizing the grand prix, said he expected the London-based Formula One organization to officially designate the race as part of its 2013 international calendar sometime “early next month.”

@keithcollantine – Organisers in New Jersey are expecting to be grouped with Montreal. That would leave Austin in its November slot (possibly with Mexico, if that race eventuates), because Texas in July would be like racing in an oven.

I think the 2009 calendar wasn’t finalised until December in 2008, so it might be out soon, or it could be out much later on in the year.

@slr – Every calendar is finalised in December, usually at the last meeting of the WMSC. But the first draft of the calendar is typically released in the middle of the year.

I suspect the reason for the delay is the Concorde Agreement. That won’t be finalised until July, because of the financial year (if it was released now, it would come into effect in the current financial year). Bernie is also rumoured to be pushing for twenty-four races next year, and there has been talk of Argentina, Mexico and France joining a calendar which is already full with twenty races.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.