F1

Who deserves an F1 seat?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Simple question: Who’s impressing you in the junior categories at the moment? Who do you think has shown they deserve an F1 chance?

RyanDixon
    Participant

I would like to see Nyck de Vries get a chance, maybe a couple FP1 sessions to get a flavour and to test the waters. Not being tied down the McLaren academy now makes him a decent proposition for teams needing somebody to act as a simulator/reserve driver. Performing well in F2 and rumoured it was a toss-up between him and Norris for the last seat next to Sainz. If that is true then clearly there is some merit in his promotion to F1. He stated in an interview he thinks he is better than Norris and Albon and they are impressive this season, confidence is key in F1, so why not take a stab. Add the fact that there is a Dutch GP coming up always helps I guess. It would be a stab in the dark to place him into a team now but if he is as highly rated as McLaren seem to rate him Williams could be an option. Running two highly rated drivers has it’s risks but what is there to lose for them? Failing that he could always be added to the Red Bull carrousel when to rid themselves of another driver.

Dhruv George
    Participant

F2 Drivers Who Can Progress into Formula One

This is my take on who can possibly progress in the top tier by 2020 and 2021

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.