F1

Who will be number two?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant

It seems that nothing can stop the Newey cars now. So, with a title fight out of the question, who will be no.2?

I think Alonso and Raikonnen, as they are both consistent and could be fighting it out by the end of the year

Diceman
    Participant

I’d say:
    2nd: Alonso
    3rd: Hamilton
    4th: Räikkönen
    and who knows what Webber may still do, he’s not too far from these three fellows.

Jon Sandor
    Participant

If “nothing can stop the Newey cars” then the question answer itself – Webber should finish the season as runner up. Which he won’t, as your premise is fatally flawed.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

@jonsan

That’s a tired argument ;-D

dragoll
    Participant

I’d rule Alonso out of 2nd for the championship, Ferrari seem to be slipping ever further away and the fact that Alonso finished 2nd in the race last night goes to show how good the man is as a driver, but there is only so much that talent can overcome when it comes to F1.

So with that in mind I think it will come down to either Hamilton or Raikkonen. If the rumours of Kimi trying find other drives are true, then it may suggest that he isn’t happy with Lotus in some way, whether it is their lack of money, lack of development throughout the entire season, or something else, then I suggest that leaves me with one driver for 2nd.

2. Hamilton
    3. Raikkonen
    4. Alonso
    5. Webber

Deej92
    Participant

I think after these two races that suit Ferrari, they will drop off again like they did in July. Alonso could possibly win at Monza, with Massa high up, but then Hamilton comes back. Hamilton could get at least one more win, possibly Austin.
    2nd. Hamilton
    3rd. Alonso
    4th. Raikkonen

Anonymous
    Inactive

2nd: Alonso
    3rd: Hamilton
    4th: Raikkonen
    5th: Webber

JackySteeg
    Participant

Given the performance of the Mercedes, I would have to say Hamilton. Alonso and Raikkonen have been blowing hot and cold these past few races, whereas Hamilton has scored 4 poles in a row and has had front-running pace on 3 of those occasions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.