F1

Why do the cars seem slower this year?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mackeine Loveine
    Participant

A few days ago I was re-watching races from 2014 just because I wanted to see any diference compared to this year. And yet there was a lot. Aside from the much better racing, I noted that last year’s cars were like more smoother and looked faster than this year’s. Last year drivers flew past the Maggots-Becketts section in Silverstone very fast. This year he cars looked slow and boring through that part. Perhaps it’s me or I look this year’s cars a lot different from one year ago.
    Here’s an example: Ricciardo overtakes Alonso for the lead in Hungary. Onboard is a very smooth move, Ricciardo moves brilliantly and passes Alonso. This year Ricciardo tried similar overtake(s) on the same spot but he only nailed one. Like the car was way harder to drive. Like it couldn’t steer correctly and follow up in order to overtake.
    That has happened in every race this year. The cars look very odd to drive, and drivers nearly don’t overtake on track aside from DRS zone, and if they do the moves are not that good. Examples are Rosberg on the two Ferrraris in Bahrain, all the overtakes in Austria, again the Mercedes driver on Bottas in Spa.
    What could have changed from last year to this year? Is it an issue with tyres or aerodynamics? (that many people in this site have critised a lot)
    Does someone has an explanation?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.