F1

Will Hamilton ever leave McLaren?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    raymondu999
    Participant

@macca1977 Ooh I can’t say how much I would hope that to happen. If that does; imagine what a story it would be – the old German guard giving way to the new; who is repeating the actions of the old by joining a struggling (for their name) team and working to bring them to the front.

Mind you I’d love a Vettel-Schumacher pair up in Mercedes. That would be a hell of a team. Or a Vettel-Hulkenberg team.

realracer

I hope he does, can’t stand Whitmarsh and Button.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Anti-RBR

“If Whitmarsh keeps favouring button (and you can’t tell me he doesn’t) every interview about lewis he talks about jenson, like he’s a god. Everything is jenson.. it somehow seems wheneva lewis is infront of button in a race, they try everything to get jenson ahead of lewis. Turkey 2010 sums it all up. Hamilton doesnt Trust Button & Whitmarsh. It’s Mclaren Vs Hamilton too me. Hamilton will not win another championship with Jenson & Whitmarsh at Mclaren, I Hope he does but i just can’t see it. Lewis is Mclaren’s Only Hope of Winning a chamionship again. Focusing on Button isnt going to get them anywhere. It’s Just what ive been seeing over the last 2 years, and my Opinion.”

AMEN TO THAT!!! They try so hard to make Jenson look better than Lewis that it´s pathetic… But kudos for Lewis for fighting back at Jenson!!

All this ‘McLaren try to make Button look better than Hamilton’ stuff is nonsense. Complete and utter fantasy.

The few people pushing it don’t even seem to offer any evidence for it – hardly surprising because there’s nothing to it at all other than the shared delusion of a few people with over-active imaginations.

realracer

@keithcollantine Well to be honest @Jack has a point Whitmarsh always seems to be talking gracioulsy about Button then all of a sudden has a stern face on the subject of Hamilton, don’t you remember after Monza on the F1 forum there was an interview with MW and Button there seemed to be a lot hugging and praising each other a bit of bromance, plus MW and LH have always had a sour relationship didn’t MW rip-up Hamilton’s development contract in 04/05??

realracer

@Keithcollantine would you still say that if it was the other way around?

Jake
    Participant

@keithcollantine Right you are. I have myself sometimes felt that maybe Whitmarsh in some way favours Button because of him being his ‘project’. But I would never go as far to say that this has any influence on how the team runs and that they try to make Button look better!

Hamilton had a bad season, yes, but he is still a quality driver and Mclaren is still a quality team, and if the car this season is as good as early signs indicate (Vettel has now said it’s time’s look “very strong” and “quite interesting”) I see no reason why he will move on.

If Hamilton is back on form this season, he will most probably beat Button as he is the quicker driver. If not, then that’s down to him, not any fantasized influencing of the team in Button’s favour imagined by disgruntled Hamilton fans.

Estesark
    Participant

In 2011, Button gave Whitmarsh more to be happy about than Hamilton. The same number of wins, yes, but more points and a higher position in the championship, more consistency, and crucially, far fewer distractions to have to deal with. I get the feeling that that isn’t usually taken into consideration by those who claim he is somehow against Hamilton.

realracer

@Estesark Well the thing is Hamilton there were a lot of rumours going around about Hamilton and his team becoming a bit sour with each other at times,plus this site is full of bias Button/Mclaren fans, so if you try and say anything that may make him look a bit bad everyone jumps down your throat or your posts get deleted, its happened to me everytime I expose Button.

Bobdredds
    Participant

I reckon Lewis could go to any of the top teams at the moment apart from Mercedes, I believe they are commited to both their drivers. Ferrari and RB both have drivers of high quality and drivers not performing as well as is expected of them and I believe both would jump at the chance to put Lewis in the other car. But in the end it’s all down to Lewis and his management team. Short term it’s down to the car, everbody sees that, I believe a great car will reignite the love between him and McLaren. But I dont think McLaren are to blame in any of this, it was down to Lewis’s love life really. I’m sure we can all relate to that at some level “when nothing really matters anymore”. :) Unfortunately everything around you gets tainted. I thought Mclaren handled it well and still improved the car.
    But you do have to ask yourself why the heavyweight management if he intended to stay at McLaren throughout his career. I think that having Alonso and Lewis in Ferraris going hammer and thongs against each other is something that LDM thinks about every night before he goes to bed because no matter what happened it would be legendary. He’s not alone in that dream either I bet. I think his management would lean towards Ferrari because many of their clientele drive them and they get looked after very well by the organisation. RB would be another option with SV and would be spectacular IMHO. My money would be on Lewis to shade it.
    They are the only real options at the moment, he’s definately not going anywhere else. When he first started racing and I saw some of his guests, P Diddy et al, I reckoned he’s going to be gettiing a lot of advice there on how to maximise “Brand Lewis”. I reckon he will easily be the biggest earner in F1 ever before he’s finished. Thats an area that McLaren where have been restrictive in the past although I believe Lewis has a generous deal in that regard. However, how many ferrari caps with Lewis Hamilton on them would sell do you think? If Lewis stays at McLaren then this is all fantasy but a pleasant one. Apologies to McLaren fans, no offence intended.
    All the news we get in the technical side of F1 is second hand at best. The drivers are a different matter because they are human. I know this about Lewis. Whatever he does will be great.:) I dont know if this matters but Lewis is back with his GF.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Bobdredds

All the news we get in the technical side of F1 is second hand at best

Or maybe you just don’t know where to look :P

In all honesty any combination of Vettel Hamilton Alonso in the same team would be mega. I don’t think it will ever happen though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well…. at least I know I am not alone in the MW making JB look better deal but yeah… as @Faraz said… if you try to expose someone or something there are a lot of fans and biased people in here that rip you a new one!

mr @Keith Collantine
    “All this ‘McLaren try to make Button look better than Hamilton’ stuff is nonsense. Complete and utter fantasy.

The few people pushing it don’t even seem to offer any evidence for it – hardly surprising because there’s nothing to it at all other than the shared delusion of a few people with over-active imaginations.”

With all due respect… you call it fantasy…. and I beg to differ…. it is quite obvious SOMETIMES JB finishes ahead than LH because of WEIRD and downright STUPID calls to LH to pit in for tyres… It has not been the first time that LH has complained about it… I bet LEWIS feels he´s being “torpedoed” and I would agree with him even though I´m an Alonso/FERRARI fan!

THIS certainly doesn´t do any good watching… Now we all know who´s BERNIES 2 golden boys….
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4BC3KXwbAM

I guess it´s good for one´s carreer to “hang” with the BOSS of the “big show”!!!

matt90
    Participant

You can’t call other people bias if in your defence of Mark Webber you invent the most bizarre, complex, contrived conspiracies to diminish the achievements of one of the most talented drivers in F1 (and I’m not a fan of Vettel as a driver or a person), and then do the same to explain why Hamilton didn’t beat Button.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@matt90 WTF???? I´ve just posted twice in THIS thread…. Are you following me or what???

I just said: “I guess it´s good for one´s career to “hang” with the BOSS of the “big show”!!!!”

And before that I just said AMEN to what somebody else posted and added a piece of my mind! You can´t control what I think you know…. I just find it weird that the 2 guys that ended in 1 and 2 in the wdc standings are riding around with the BOSS…. it doesn´t look good as it didn´t look good when BALLESTRE would play around with PROST in the “pits”….

matt90
    Participant

I know, but here you spout accusations of bias across the site, so my post is completely relevant to what you said. And as I said before, it’s a forum, people read the latest posts and comment on them- I follow the topics I am interested in and you happen to have commented on them yourself. I can’t be bothered to have this conversation though, especially if I’m going to get accused of trolling myself.

I doubt Hamilton will spend his entire career at McLaren, although the more I think about it the more it seems possible. It hasn’t really happened like that before- at least not in the modern era- but Hamilton’s a unique case. If he doesn’t drive like last year too often then McLaren themselves would be foolish to get rid of him. And I imagine that McLaren are established enough now that they will remain one of the top team for the forseeable future- if something happens to change that, and not for a one-off year, then Hamilton would jump ship. So if Hamilton can stay top of his game, maintain a good relationship with the team and Whitmarsh, and McLaren remain competitive then he wouldn’t drive anywhere else.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.