F1

Will Ricciardo Ever Drive For Toro Rosso / RedBull ? Opinions

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    S.J.M
    Participant

It depends on how you balance it, either he’s doing good to keep up with his team mate since entering the team w/o any testing or previous races (half the season had past) or he’s not living up to the hype around him (looking past the fact he’s in the worst car on the grid)

I think its the former, the kids doing ‘ok’. Nothing better but nothing worse, if he’d started the season with HRT (or anyone) then it would be fairer to judge him by now. Perhaps by Brazil we can say with more certainty, but for now im reserving judgement.

Do I think he’l be in a Toro Rosso or Red Bull next year or after? No. STR is likley to be sold within the next 2 years (In my opinion), and RBR will be stupid to put a rookie in as Vettel’s #2.

Not much you can do in an HRT. There are some outward signs of improvement but at this stage much of a driver’s development is going to be hard for us to spot from the outside. It’s what his race engineer and mechanics are saying about him that’s most important.

I suspect he’ll be in a Toro Rosso next year.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.