Your favourite driver radio quote
- This topic has 44 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 11 months ago by DC.
- 28th February 2013, 17:44 at 5:44 pm #132756Aish HeydrichParticipant
What is your favourite quote from any driver, past or present, which they said through Team Radio while racing? This could be fun… I have a few.
1. “Don’t speak when I’m negotiating a turn.” – Kimi Raikkonen in reply to his team.
2. “Yes, yes, yes I know what I’m doing, just leave me alone.” – Kimi, again.
3. “RAIKKONEN! WHAT A IDIOT!” – Juan Pablo Montoya, after Kimi slowed him down and ruined his lap while entering the pit lane. I may have the video for that.28th February 2013, 17:46 at 5:46 pm #227767Aish HeydrichParticipant
Yes here it is:
:D28th February 2013, 17:51 at 5:51 pm #227768the_sigmanParticipant
Plus what @aish said and many more28th February 2013, 18:41 at 6:41 pm #227769plutoniumhunterParticipant
Fernando’s “I don’t want to know” regarding Hamilton and the “You hafta leave the space” regarding Rosberg.28th February 2013, 18:48 at 6:48 pm #227770Magnificent GeoffreyParticipant28th February 2013, 18:56 at 6:56 pm #227771BenHParticipant28th February 2013, 19:07 at 7:07 pm #227772MadsParticipant
But I think Perez is the best with his “prank” on his team. That was pure evil! So hilarious.28th February 2013, 19:38 at 7:38 pm #227773AnonymousInactive28th February 2013, 19:39 at 7:39 pm #227774Tom L.Participant
Disappointed that I had to scroll so far down the thread to find JPM and the horse with horns!
Anyway… here’s Rubens struggling like a pig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B59B5p7KrrM28th February 2013, 20:37 at 8:37 pm #227775RagingInfernoParticipant
Looks like the version on YouTube has been taken down, luckily I was able to find it elsewhere…1st March 2013, 7:04 at 7:04 am #227776AnonymousInactive
Great thread! Whats the Alonso “avanti” about?1st March 2013, 7:20 at 7:20 am #227777JourneyerParticipant
As far as best team radios go, this is on my list. Michael Schumacher doesn’t have a lot of these (mostly because Ferrari kept their radio private for so long), but I like this one a lot.
My favorite would still be Montoya’s “Oh, deer.” By a mile. :)1st March 2013, 7:36 at 7:36 am #227778DavidSParticipant
Mark Webber after winning the 2009 German GP.
The bit that always gets edited out.1st March 2013, 7:37 at 7:37 am #227779AnonymousInactive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlZq_DbNZmY I don’t know what to think of this1st March 2013, 8:42 at 8:42 am #227780AnonymousInactive
“Mix 3 Jenson, Mix 3”
Ahhhh… I remember that one like it was yesterday.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.