Formula E

Formula E launch car at Frankfurt Auto Show

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    andae23
    Participant

At a press conference in Monaco, the series has announced that the vote-to-pass system will indeed be used. We as viewers can vote for our favourite driver via Twitter, who will get one extra boost he can use on the straights. The push-to-pass itself means 10 seconds of 50 extra bhp (I like how the guy adds “We have some problems with these with some hardcore racing enthusiasts, but… you know, we are definitely breaking some grounds here.”)

Bring in Kobayashi! :P

crr917
    Participant

X-Factor of racing. Will there be a dramatic pause before FIA names the winner of the vote?
    Are there botnets on twiter?

Girts
    Participant

At first I was convinced that this was a joke! Push-to-pass is bad enough but vote-to-pass is just ridiculous. I’m certainly not gonna watch the series. If the aim is to turn motorsports into ‘Big Brother’, then I’m off to watch figure skating.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

The whole point of the vote to pass is to appeal to 14 year olds. Looks like we will be seeing drivers giving out free sweets just so it will help them in the race.

matt90
    Participant

I made a joke that DRS should be like this in F1. Did somebody from the FIA read that and miss the sarcasm? What the actual hell. “Breaking some grounds” my arse, you’re breaking a fundamental sporting principle.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Oh matt, you’ve ruined everything! xD

Well that’s the worst idea I’ve heard in ages. And I was really looking forward to watching this. At a stroke this has completely killed my enthusiasm for it.

wsrgo
    Participant

Is ‘lottery’ going to be the catchphrase of the next generations, as ‘computers’ was for the last?

xivizmath
    Participant

Beauty contest determines the starting grid, I pressume?

Carlitox
    Participant

Bring Danica Patrick to Formula E, I say!
    (Seriously, that is the most pathetic rule in any form of sport known to mankind. What’s next, championship points per text? Come on Jean, that’s plain and absolute nonsense.)

Lucas di Grassi on the ‘fanboost’:

“I don’t think it will make much of a difference. We can’t mix racing result and racing performance with entertainment. If the fans are interacting with the result, that’s great.”

Asked how much such a system might affect the running order in the race, he said: “Maybe a place, but not a race decision.”

More from him here:

http://currente.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/formula-e-racing-more-overtaking-more-sliding-and-more-fun/

matt90
    Participant

If it can affect a race, it likely affects a ‘race decision.’

This is how I said DRS ‘should’ be used in F1- “DRS, applied to all wings, is controlled by a vote system among international fans. If a significant population choose to enable it at once, then DRS is activated for a specific car. This gives fans the option of aiding their favourite driver or making their opponents crash.”

So the only thing this KERS vote is missing is the ability to choose the moment it’s deployed.

I don’t know about everybody else, but my favourite part of a good, fair tennis match is when the fans decide that one of the players is only allowed to use one leg for 5 minutes.

Feuerdrache
    Participant

This is how I said DRS ‘should’ be used in F1- “DRS, applied to all wings, is controlled by a vote system among international fans. If a significant population choose to enable it at once, then DRS is activated for a specific car. This gives fans the option of aiding their favourite driver or making their opponents crash.”

I just imagined Ferrari collectively vote for Vettel’s DRS to be opened in corners.^^
    Smedley: “Sorry Felipe, we are busy calling to vote for Vettel’s DRS to be opened. We cannot care about your right now.”

Seems after a stupid idea, there is still a more stupid one following.

TommyB
    Participant

Surely teams could just use spam bots to Tweet them, or even run competitions like “Vote for us and win an autograph.” This so, so, so stupid.

crr917
    Participant

Lucas di Grassi is the evil mastermind behind the destruction of racing. First Pirelli tires now fanboost :D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.