Formula E

Formula E launch car at Frankfurt Auto Show

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    UTBowler0407
    Participant

This may be one of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard. Between vote-to-pass and adding a 100 meter sprint between cars, this series is an absolute joke.

Tomsk
    Participant

I’ll be voting with my Off button.
    Why not design the cars properly – aero, power delivery, brakes etc – so they don’t need a boost to overtake?
    But what a great idea for F1, to give the others a chance against Vettel, who doesn’t use Twitter.

Skett
    Participant

Thats just stupid. Its supposed to be technically advanced, so clearly they should be using augmented reality to place powerups around the track!

Now that I think about it that could be kind of cool

Nick
    Participant

Breaking new grounds in finding gimmicks that will disappear within a year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

FIA’s next top model, er……I mean Drivel (as in what people think about Stallone’s movie.

Fer no.65
    Participant

THIS IS GREAT ! EPIC ! Love it !

Now I’ll be able to tweet the Fire Marshals in the Chrysler SUV !

Here’s the description from their website:

Fans, whether watching live or at home, will also be able to interact before, during and after the race through Formula E’s social media channels. As well as following the official Championship channels, you can also check out what the teams and drivers have been saying or get involved with competitions and even vote for your favourite driver who will receive an extra ‘Push-to-Pass’ – meaning you could directly affect the outcome of the race!

http://www.fiaformulae.com/entertainment

Just… ugh.

andae23
    Participant

Have been monitoring the outcry on Twitter (courtesy of F1F, fake Charlie Whiting and WTF1) for the past few hours – not a single positive reactions so far. I’m sure the FIA will reconsider their options on this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds like something NASCAR would do, but the FIA beat them to it for once

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well it’s not the FIA’s decision, they aren’t the promoter, it’s the promoter’s decision. Still hopefully the FIA might be able to persuade them to drop this idea for the 2nd season, fingers crossed.

Max Jacobson
    Participant

They must listen to the fans: it’s a terrible idea and about as sporting as WWE. Awful, awful decision.

Carlitox
    Participant

@skett Mix Mario Kart and F1 Race Stars, that would be badass!

Bradley
    Participant

Actually came out of lurking to give my (admittedly looks like it’ll be unpopular) opinion. While there is push-to-pass in IndyCar, there is no guarantee that using it will actually put the car that makes use of it in front of the driver ahead. Just using the Houston GP as an example: Scott Dixon had more boosts in hand than Will Power, but even using them he couldn’t by him. Instead of a knee-jerk “That’s horrible! Never going to watch it!”, why not wait to see how it works in actual practice to pass judgment?

Skett
    Participant

@Bradley I don’t think the push to pass is the issue, the issue is the fact that people will get extra from fan tweets

GeeMac
    Participant

I didn’t realise it was 1 April yesterday…this has to be an April Fools joke right?!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.