Formula E

Formula E's Montreal track separate from F1 course

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Formula E has revealed the track it will use for its Montreal race, which will be separate from the Formula One circuit on the Isle Notre Dame.

Formula E Montreal circuit
    Formula E Montreal circuit

PhilEReid
    Participant

Because I like doing it for no reason whatsoever, here is a satellite view of the circuit. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6974237

Looks to be about 2.75km long, and the longest straight is about 600m, which I think is pretty much on par with the other longest straights in Formula E right now.

Turn 9 and 10 looks pointlessly awkward. I like turn 5. Unfortunately it has the silly chicanes of turn 11,12 and turn 13,14, but I guess they are necessary. I think my favourite thing is the fact this track goes over what I expect to be quite a busy highway. Overall, the track doesn’t look super exciting, but does look (to my eye at least) that there could some good racing here.

Unless they somehow couldn’t get access to it, I don’t see why not use the F1 circuit. Using an existing track that happens to be within the city, like they do in Mexico, works well. It’s a popular circuit, and all the race infrastructure is already available. It may be a bit long for FE, so they would have to cut off that awesome hairpin at the bottom, but they would still have much of the rest of the track.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.