Going to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Going to the 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    pt747
    Participant

The GP3 website has changed since I made my post. It seemed odd at the time because as I said there was a clash between GP3 and F1 so maybe they hadn’t updated it from the previous race.

Seems corrected now though, thanks for updating.

pt747
    Participant

There might be a Porsche race in there somewhere, but apart from that I don’t think there’s any other races.

They did have Aussie V8s for the past couple of years but I think they’ve gone to Texas instead this year. Shame, would have been good to see them.

Paul

Rus’L
    Participant

Yeah, I figured times got updated since you posted. Especially since there was that conflict you found with GP3 and F1 qualifying.

I know the Aussie V8s are not there. Would have loved to have seen them, but I am happy both GP series are there. (BTW, Aussie V8s are not returning to Texas next year. It was too expensive to hold that race and they didn’t get the crowd needed to make it profitable.)

Rus’L
    Participant

There is indeed a Porsche race — the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup. Thus, based on their website, I updated the schedule. I also adjusted some of the other session end times based on this new information. Therefore, until the official weekend schedule comes out, this is probably pretty darn close. Close enough to make your plans…

Friday, November 1, 2013
    10:15 – 10:45 GP2 Series Practice
    11:15 – 11:45 GP3 Series Practice
    13:00 – 14:30 Formula 1 Practice #1
    15:15 – 16:00 Porsche Supercup Practice
    17:00 – 18:30 Formula 1 Practice #2
    18:55 – 19:40 GP2 Series Qualifying

Saturday, November 2, 2013
    10:00 – 10:30 GP3 Series Qualifying
    10:55 – 11:25 Porsche Supercup Qualifying
    12:10 – 13:40 GP2 Series Race #1
    14:00 – 15:00 Formula 1 Practice #3
    15:30 – 16:05 Porsche Supercup Race #1
    17:00 – 18:00 Formula 1 Qualifying
    18:35 – 19:20 GP3 Series Race #1

Sunday, November 3, 2013
    12:00 – 12:45 GP3 Series Race #2
    13:15 – 14:15 GP2 Series Race #2
    14:35 – 15:10 Porsche Supercup Race #2
    17:00 – 19:00 Formula 1 Race

Rus’L
    Participant

Found the official schedule. I did a pretty good job guessing. :-)

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/abu_dhabi_910/event_timetable.html

Matt Strain
    Participant

Keith I ordered my ticket from the circuit website option b as well but still haven’t received it.
    Have you got your tickets yet?

Rus’L
    Participant

I ordered through Option B and I got my tickets about a month ago here in the States. I ordered far enough back to get the early bird special.

Keith
    Participant

Matt. Got tickets about a week ago. Delivered by courier who just put them through letterbox when we were at work. Bit surprised by this as thought they would have to be signed for. Yas Pass ordered but no Ferrari world / Waterworld tickets so contacted circuit by email who informed these have to be collected from the circuit ticket office. They replied pretty quickly so may be worth emailing.

clinton
    Participant

KLCC88
    Why the change of plans so close to the gp. Have you given up on the gp altogether ?

Bryn Jeavons
    Participant

Hi Everyone, Particularly John Cousins and Caroline Miles. Last year was my first year at Abu Dhabi, I enjoyed it so much that I decided whilst there that I was dropping SIlverstone and putting mymoney to AD again.
    Anyway, on the transport issue. I researched everything last year prior to me going as I took my son for his 18th Birthday present which was on race day, Sun 4th, and I wanted to know exactly where we were and how to get about.
    Like so many people have said already, the taxi’s are fairly cheap compared to the UK and plentyful. However I found the public transport was absolutely outsatnding. We stayed in the city at the TOP GRAND CONTINENTAL hotel which is in the tourist area, which is opposite the “Capital Garden”. We had a minute and a half walk to the other side of the park onto EASTERN ROAD which is a continuation of NEW AIRPORT ROAD where we caught the bus which took us directly to the circuit. There were 3 buses to choose from, the 170, 180 or 190. which leave at around 20 minute intervals and the return from the circuit is vice versa.They all go to either ferrari world or yas marina circuit.( All 3) We had our tickets in West Grandstand and the bus dropped us directly opposite the west grandstand entrance and I believe it went further around the circuit where it would drop off at Marina and South Grandstands.( 170 & 180)
    The only downside to the bus journey is that it drives across the desert land of Saadyat island and Jubal Island, but this is the E12 Highway with 4 lanes in each direction.
    The plus side though is
    How much was this? 85p yes you read it right £0.85 p (each of course) and the journey took around 30 minutes, which was the same length of time the taxi took to get us from the airport to the hotel.
    All teh info you may need re bus timetables and pick up points can be found on the website http://www.dot.abudhabi.ae/en/info/bus_transportation
    A pdf doc of the route is available here
    http://www.dot.abudhabi.ae/ckfinder/userfiles/files/xBSIP%202012%20Q3%20Abu%20Dhabi%20Regional%20Bus%20Network%20Map%2020121030%281%29.pdf
    This year we are staying in an apartment on 8th Street at the junction with 9th street so we will have a 6 or 7 minute walk to the bus stop.
    Hope it helps even if it onlu gives you the knowledge of an alternative.

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Bryn

We have only ever caught the free buses when they used to run. Are the bus stops clearly marked? We are at the Beach Rotana and are thinking about going on the bus but not really sure even from you comments above where exactly the closest bus stop would be for us. Any idea? Also how busy were the buses last year? On countdown now as we fly out on the 29th.

Thanks Caroline

clinton
    Participant

@ klcc88
    ok understand shame as I got. my main. stand tickets a week ago, just show you need to keep checking your mail/posts as the f1 family help each other out.
    anyway I’m still up for a beer, the captains arms or pj’s like the main ex pat pub

Bryn Jeavons
    Participant

Hi Caroline,
    Having a quick look at google maps it looks as though you are absoiutely right behind the Abu Dhabi Mall just off 1oth Street and close to Le Meridien hotel. We are about 700 metres away from you , on the junction of 8th and 9th street. We are planning on walking along 8th St to the Sheraton Abu Dhabi and the Corniche Maternity Hospital and gettting the bus from there on the friday, sat and sunday.
    As I cannot recall exactly where the bus stops are, when we go for the pit lane walk on the thursday I was going to get the same bus from where I got it last year and make a note of where the bus stop is that is closest to the Sheraton. If you want to email me at jevo64@aol.com I will exchange details with you and let you know once we are there.
    We fly out form Manchester on Wed 30th.
    Last year the buses were fantastic, very few passengers on them on the friday and saturday, but a little busier on the sunday however we were seated comfortably on each day. There is a section at the front of each bus for ladies only and this was fairly empty so some of the men were allowed to sit there.
    Drop me a line and let me know on here when you have.
    Regards
    Bryn

clinton
    Participant

Kcl88
    Ok will do !

Gavin
    Participant

We’ve got tickets available onboard the largest and most luxurious yacht in the Yas Marina at berth 36 – direct uninterrupted views of the race track between turns 14-15.
    Hosted by FashionTV and Studio F (Dubai) – 3-day tickets – either daytime (up to 7:00pm) or evenings (after 9:00pm)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.