Going to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Going to the 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Caroline Miles
    Participant

It is easy to get around the circuit, you can catch a bus which goes all the way round, although we have also walked around the circuit as well. You have to go around the outside though, you cannot walk around the inside to get to the different grandstands.

David Jarvis
    Participant

I went last year and will be going again this year. Was excellent last year and was really well organised which is very rare in the Middle East.

I live in Dubai but will be staying in Tourist Club area in Abu Dhabi.

Can’t wait!

clinton
    Participant

Hi all
    I would be glad if anyone has some advice on costs within the UAE. First timer, so I’m going blind money wise not that its an issue but more for what would be advisable during a 6day f1 stay.many thanks. In advance.
    Clinton

Caroline Miles
    Participant

It depends where you guys are from re costs. We are from the UK so compared to prices here taxis are cheap. First year out we quibbled over a taxi fare on the Saturday as it had gone up from the Friday and then realised it worked out that it had gone up by £2.50! Alcohol is expensive but food, depending where you eat is like anywhere else, you can eat on a budget or have a blow out. We are staying in Abu Dhabi and a lot of the hotels have a variety of restaurants to choose from. Unless they have improved things not a lot of choice at the circuit and in the stadium for the concerts burger and chips is about it at a set price.

clinton
    Participant

Thanks guys for the great heads up on the costs. Can’t wait now Monday will be a welcome sight.
    For now tho back to work !

clinton
    Participant

KLCC88
    Yes.
    See you in AD. I get in early Tuesday so drop me a line.
    Clinton

TI3GIB
    Participant

KCL88, Spare the extra ticket for a pint ? :) .. Trying to find a ticket for a friend. If not, still a pints on offer still for being helpful throughout this thread.

Pm.

TI3GIB
    Participant

@KLCC88
    Im in South all weekend but I’m only getting to AD Thursday morning so can only pick them up then.

Are we confirmed ? :)

P.s. Safe travels.

clinton
    Participant

Weather not looking good at bristol airport this morning fingers crossed my KLM flight via Amsterdam will take off, Abu dhabi here I come!
    # heavy storms

Kyle
    Participant

Hi All
    First time posting on this chat.
    Super excited about the F1. Thanks for all the tips, its been really helpful.
    We are flying in from South Africa, and cant wait. We arrive in AD on 30 Oct.

Would be cool if we could meet up for drinks, to meet some of you guys!
    Cheers

clinton
    Participant

Has anyone already in AD found the best place for a beer

Bryn Jeavons
    Participant

Clinton plent good hotels with bars. if you are staying in the city try the millenium Hotel. Good bars, lots of F1 fans and the more than occasional call girl. !!!!!!

ccolanto
    Participant

Hey everyone! Super stoked to get in on this chat! Came all the way from Calgary Canada for this race! Ask my if I’m excited! I’m arriving in Dubai tonight and looking to see if anyone is down for a beer or for a meet up?

I don’t have any plans and not sure how I’m getting to the track at the moment. I’ve seen suggestions of Renting vehicles. I’m willing to split/help pay! My personal email is ccolanto@gmail.com feel free to contact me!

Hope to see you guys out there!
    Chris

John Cousins
    Participant

Yep. Al Jood main grandstand. Was thinking of heading to the fan zone down at the beach in the morning… then taxi in to the track later in the day.. Anyone want to share a cab? Cost 60AED today by myself.. would be good to go halves or better! number whilst here: 05 262 72062
    What’s everyone up to tonight?

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.