Going to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Going to the 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Bryn Jeavons
    Participant

Oh yes. This is in the diary permanently for me.

Paul Jones
    Participant

Does anyone know for certain that the dates for this are definitely confirmed as being the 27th to 29th November. I emailed the Official F1 Ticket store and they said YES the dates were confiemd and not subject to change and just to double check I emailed Yas Marina Circuit and they said that they were subject to change and to check back with them at the end of February.

I was hoping to book my flight and hotel in the next few days

Any assitance or clarification would be appreciated

Tom
    Participant

AD early bird ticket sales has started. However there’s no indication when the offer is until, does anyone know the answer? I’m thinking Northern Grandstand to see car dynamics put through it’s pace through chicane, hairpin and accelerating out, any thoughts and experience?

Nigel Clements
    Participant

AD offer is on unitl 29th May according to BookF1.

Looking at previous years threads\posts South or West Stands seem to be the best.

I’m looking to book the South Lower via the Yas Marina web site.

Anyone had experinece with them re ticket posting to UK?

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Nigel

South upper is the better view than South lower and as high up in the rows as possible as you can see the cars come down the back straight, through the chicane round and under the hotel which if you sit in the lower section you see less. Depending where you are on the upper grandstand you can also see the cars as they join the track from the pits. The only downside is that you are furthest away from the arena for the after race concerts but the plus is you are near to the marina restaurants and hotels with restaurants etc.

I contacted the booking team at Yas who were really helpful and if you book through them (not using the web booking) they can’t hold seats but can confirm what are available and if once you have completed the booking form and sent it back can book your requested seats if still free. First time I have ever booked direct but they were really helpful. Just so you know row J is the back row on the upper grandstand and ideally block 6 or 7 give the best views.

Can’t wait – we were only going the once and this is our 5th year – despite a lot of fans saying it is boring we have seen some fantastic action from these seats although as a LH fan not sure my heart can stand another race like last year’s!

Caroline

Nigel Clements
    Participant

Hi Caroline

Thanks for the info-excellent. :)

Just got off the phone with the Yas team, the guy was helpful and I’ll be booking tommorrow I think.

I was dithering re Upper or Lower so will go with your recommendation of Upper

My other dither point was either sections (lower 012) or (upper 076).

Don’t want to be ontop of the corner 11, but then do not want to be too far from it.

The stands have 113 seats, with seat 1 being nearest the corner so was thinking:

07 Stand , row G, seats 100 ish?

Thoughts?

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Nigel

We did lower the first year and it was ok but ventured up to the upper and were completely blown away by the difference in what you could see from that level.

The grandstand is a bit like that at a street circuit so you are really close to the track (you are sat above it, if that makes sense) so block 7 row G should be fine we usually sit around seat 59/60 although are around 40 this year which I think is nearer the corner. We have sat on the front row but would not recommend that as the safety fencing means you can’t see a great deal because of the fence.

Not sure if that helps you or not.

Caroline

Nigel Clements
    Participant

Hi Caroline

Thanks for the speedy reply and more useful info-greatly appreciated :)

So you are saying anyhthing mid section (row and seat) in the block nearest to the corner is OK?

Just wondered if you could see turns 15-18 and under the hotel from mid 07?
    Hence why I was aiming for the seats further away from the corner.

I have seen the warning about the front rows thank you. Most of the seats available on-line are for A,b or C rows, hence why I will have to ring.

Where are you staying?
    I have 2 hotels at the moment!
    Crowne Plaza and staybridge suites. Trying to decide which one to cancel.

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Nigel

Yes from mid 7 you can see 15-18 and 19 if you are high enough up.

We make a holiday of it so we stay in Abu Dhabi at the Beach Rotana and travel in as the hotels at the circuit are so expensive. The only down side is after the concerts it is challenging to get a taxi and each year they seem to change where they go from – not too bad if not staying for the concerts. Last year seemed better organised although still never enough taxis and having seen the driving not brave enough to hire a car! There are buses as well which we have used although taxis are cheap out there.

Nigel Clements
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Will see what’s available tommorrow when I ring.

Thanks again for the help :)

Nigel Clements
    Participant

Hi

Reading this again I just want to be clear on the block numbers

The map shows the Upper blocks as

5 nearest corner 11

with then 6,7,8 moving further away from 11 and towards Marina Grandstand.

So I should be looking for block 7, high up (G,H,J) and small numbers (1-40)
    or
    Block 6 (G,H,J) seats 100 + ??

I was getting mixed up yesterday with Block 5.

Cheers

Caroline Miles
    Participant

If you want to be nearer the corner 6 but 7 is more in the middle so views in our opinion are better and yes G, H or J. Can’t recall which way the seats are numbered so may be safer to ask the circuit. As you say these are closer to Marina grandstand so you get the benefit of the extra viewing sat there.

Nigel Clements
    Participant

Hi

Booked stand 07, row H lower numbered seats which are at an aisle.

Thanks very much for your help.

See you there :)

Tom
    Participant

Great info here guy’s. Looking to buy tickets soon. Would be interesting to mix things up a bit and to swap Fri/Sat tickets with other people here so to get a variety. We’re a party of 3-4 so will ask again later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.