Going to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Going to the 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Jalpari
    Participant

Hey guys!

Another question popped up! Have any of you been to the after race concerts? If so, what time are they usually held and any tips on getting a good space in advance? Thanks!

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Yes we have – the bands usually come on stage at around 9.00 pm so there is a wait from when the race finishes. Du Arena has no seating so it is a case of if you get there early once in situ you don’t move unless you want to lose that spot. Inside are food stands and drinks although they are the same as inside the circuit so burgers etc. there are also some beer stands inside whereas at the circuit these are behind screens they are not in the Arena. There are places to eat before you go in at the hotels by the circuit, restaurants at the marina or the many food outlets in Yas Mall by Ferrari World. The main challenge is getting to the arena after the track action especially if like us you are on the south grandstand – we have started walking as it is quicker than trying to go on the bus.

You may of course win a golden circle ticket for one or more of the after race concerts in which case you are at the front anyway.

Jalpari
    Participant

Hi Caroline thanks for that! Golden ticket sounds interesting how do you win that?

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Each of the 3 days they come on the grandstands with a number of special wristbands – it is a little unfair really as it appears that only those who make the most noise or jump around get them so if you are not that type of person forget it. You will know when they are on the grandstand because of the screaming! These get you into the concert via a different entrance and right at the front.

Tom Haller
    Participant

Hi,

I’m going to the Abu Dhabi grand prix this year and I’m trying to create some kind of itinerary, but I can’t find a detailed itinerary for each of the days of the GP.

I know practice starts at 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday and Saturday respectively and the race at 17:00 on Sunday but what about the support races? Are they before or after the F1? Do only GP2 and GP3 support the F1 at Abu Dhabi?

Thank you in advance :)

conrad arnold
    Participant

GP2 and GP3 and they are usually before the F1 races

Nigel Clements
    Participant

Are the evening concerts free?

Alex green
    Participant

For Grandstand ticket holders,indeed they are
    ps if you dont fancy the band (or they are rubbish im looking at you mr eminem) theres loads of local youths that will beg you for your ticket as you enter/leave the arena

Ronnie
    Participant

Is there going to be a park and ride scheme this year?

Tom
    Participant

Hi, received a package via courier service yesterday. I wasn’t expecting anything but when i opened up the package it revealed the AD F1 passes. It was a nice surprise. Has anyone else received their’s as from what I’ve read and been told the passes are usually sent out a few weeks prior to the race? In the package is a folder and within it are the 4 day passes with neck straps, parking permits and a leaflet about unconfirmed concerts. No program about the race weekend was included. I only assume they’ll send that out later perhaps once they’ve confirmed everything?

Here is a photo of the pass
    Early arrival of the Abu Dhabi 2015 F1 tickets.

Nigel Clements
    Participant

Got mine yesterday too.

Impressed with this early delivery and packaging.

Race weekend program would have been good but maybe that’s not finalised yet (though I can’t see why not re practice times etc.)

Got two sets of car parking ticketw I won’t be using alonmg with 4 Thursday night concert tickets that will not be used…

Will test the app tonight.

Caroline Miles
    Participant

We have also received ours – I think it is just tickets booked direct as when we have used Bookf1 they are usually a couple of weeks before – as mentioned before may not yet have finalised timings plus acts not yet confirmed for the after race concerts. The countdown begins!

conrad arnold
    Participant

I can confirm that BookF1 haven’t sent them out yet

conrad arnold
    Participant

Long shot here I i know but are there any f1 widows going to the GP with there hubbys

Evenstar
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I received my tickets this week too via courier, after winning them from Yas Marina Circuit’s twitter competitions.

Really looking forward to it! My last F1 trip was the 2013 Belgian GP which was with Select Motor Racing, otherwise I’ve been to British GP 3 times in 2005, 2006, and 2007.

Our tickets are for the Marina Grandstand.

We’re staying at the Al Maha Arjaan hotel by Rotana, which is not too far from the circuit.

Question about the F1 drivers’ autograph sessions, are they only on Thursday or also during the weekend?
    Edit – oops just seen a previous post about this, sorry lol

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.