Going to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Going to the 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    conrad arnold
    Participant

ronnie yes there is a park and ride this year

Tom
    Participant

Will be flying out to AD next Wednesday, looking forward to the race weekend.

I’ve installed the Yas Hub App, had to update it via App Store and it appears very up to date with the release of the program for 4 days. Very good and handy when we’re there on site. Anyone used this app last year, i assume that everything is downloaded to the phone and hence data is not required when where out and about?

One further question: I’m seated in the south grandstand? Anyone know how long it would take to walk from the South Grandstand to the Concert? I’m assuming shuttle buses will be very busy and they only operate at 15 mins interval.

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Tom

I can’t recall the app being available last year so can’t comment.

Re buses to the concert, unfortunately they are something of a nightmare and being on the south grandstand you tend to find when they arrive they are already full but people will still try and get on them! We have had to wait a good 20/30 minutes to get on a bus – that is the only drawback to being so far away from the concert area. We have walked and it is quicker than the buses as you get gridlocked in the bus lanes. It is about a 35 minute walk however you have to factor in the number of people also trying to get to the buses so blocking the footpaths, hotels etc which will add onto that. Saying that the concerts don’t start until around 9 so you will have plenty of time to walk round – there isn’t really anything in the arena apart from food stands and drinks so nothing to do when you get in although you will need to go through the security checks first.

Alex green
    Participant

Ive decided to go also in the south grandstand,the app is superb for planning your weekend.Im making a mini winter break of it and fly out on sat
    I must have been lucky as always managed to get on a bus no problem to go up to the concert area

conrad arnold
    Participant

I’m also going out on Saturday I decided to go in the marina grandstand

Tom
    Participant

Thanks for your replies guys. If the buses are full, we’ll just have to make sure we have comfortable footwear for the walks!

Any recommendation for food around the city and in the circuit? I gather the food will perhaps to be better in the mall next to Ferrari world compared to the food around circuit grounds?

Had a quick search and came across this website which has a guide to the Abu Dhabi F1 race.
    http://f1destinations.com/travel-guides/abu-dhabi-grand-prix/

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Tom

Unless something drastic has happened the food at the circuit is not brilliant – burgers and pizza mainly and this is the same at the arena for the concerts. Yas Mall has some really nice restaurants plus there are restaurants at the marina and the hotels opposite the circuit. The prices are the same at all the circuit food outlets and the arena seem to recall it was comparable to what we would pay here for a burger meal deal.

In Abu Dhabi the majority of restaurants are in the hotels or in the malls although the hotels (unless a dry one) are I believe the only places you can get alcohol with your meal. If you look at the Abu Dhabi guide it will recommend restaurants – our hotel has 8 but we are in the centre so we have not ventured out anywhere else to eat. It really depends what your budget is as it tends to be expensive in the hotels.

Tom
    Participant

Caroline,

Brilliant, again thanks for the information. Will do some last minute reading before we fly out.

Hope everyone has a fabulous F1 in Abu Dhabi, enjoy and see you there!

Tom

Buffy
    Participant

Hi folks. We’re off on Wednesday. Just a few questions – does anyone know if you can take your own bottled water in with you? Also what time approx do the concerts finish? Is there any wi-fi? Thanks in advance for your help.

MrsK
    Participant

I’ve been for coffee with a friend who went last year; she says there was water available at the entrance on Thursday. Other days, they might let you take it in, they might not. This is fairly usual in AD, smile nicely. I’d suggest taking a sealed bottle (ie one that hasn’t been tampered with so it obviously doesn’t contain alcohol), though bear in mind you might have to ditch it, and an empty bottle as there are usually water taps available.

Concert – late!

No wi-fi last year, but with the app they might offer it this year.

Apparently the taxi flagfall to leave Yas Island will be 25AED???

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.