Going to the Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne

Going to the 2019 Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2019 Australian Grand Prix. What do you want to know about going to this race?

If you’ve been to this race before then please share your experiences here: Where did you watch? Where did you stay and how did you get to the track? Can you share any other tips on attending this race?

If you went to last year’s race you can leave your feedback here:

https://www.racefans.net/groups/going-to-the-australian-grand-prix-at-melbourne/forum/topic/going-to-the-2018-australian-grand-prix-at-albert-park/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone,

I go to Melbourne every year so happy to share my experiences on tickets and hotels- any questions please ask. If you live in Australia DONT fly out Sunday night, time is too tight, stay the night and leave Monday morning.

Hospitality can be quite reasonable in Melbourne unless you do Paddock Club or the Chicane on T1. There is no F1 on Thursday but if you get a Paddock pass (contact teams direct, try Force India …….. sorry Racing Point) and you get a garage tour and meet the drivers. Its great value to access the Paddock and see all the drivers.

There are heaps of places to eat around St Kilda (south of track) or South Melbourne (North of track) but town isn’t far either. If you like Chinese the ‘Dragon Boat’ is awesome in China Town.

Nathan Peart
    Participant

Hi All,

Attending my first F1 in some years in Melbourne. Haven’t been to an F1 race since the new turbo era started so need some advice on ear protection. Will be sitting in the Brabham Grandstand. Considering they are alot quieter now is ear protection still required and can on track commentary be heard or do I need to bring a headphone to listen in?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Nathan,

You wont need ear protection as they don’t have that high piecing sound the old engines had. They are still loud but would only consider if taking young kids.
    Track commentary is still hard to hear from the cars though so if you want to hear that freely take some headphones.

Brabham is a good spot to watch from, you will enjoy it!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.