Going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

Paddock Club 2016

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    drmouse
    Participant

OK, I am in a fortunate position whereby I think I may be able to afford to go to a race and get paddock club tickets in 2016. I doubt this will happen again for a long time. As I love Spa, I am currently thinking that this will be the best one for me. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me.

Unfortunately, I do not know anyone else who can both afford and would want to go with me. So, my question to the members here: Is anyone else planning to do this, either at Spa or elsewhere in Europe, who would like to meet up?

PorscheF1
    Participant

Why would you pay the ridiculous price for those tickets?

drmouse
    Participant

As a once-in-a-lifetime treat to myself. Some people pay ridiculous amounts for clothes, or to climb Mt Everest. The opportunity to attend a Grand Prix in style… Why not?

PorscheF1
    Participant

I understand that. Wouldn’t it be cooler to visit the Australian or Canadian GP then?

drmouse
    Participant

I would love to do that. However, I would want at least a week in a place so far away, probably 2, and I wouldn’t want to do that on my own (like I said, I don’t know anyone else who could afford it right now). I also couldn’t do both right now.

In the end, I’d prefer to go to a European GP, enjoy the weekend, get up close with big names in the sport, walk the pit lane, and generally get some luxury at the event. And if any members here are considering doing the same, it’d be great to organise to meet up with them.

It’s like asking why anyone would shell out millions to go for a sub-orbital ride to the edge of space. It won’t appeal to everyone, but many would jump at the chance if they could afford and justify it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.