Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Best viewing areas for General Admission

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hi All

Looking forward to the weekend! What areas would you recommend for quali and for race for General Admission tickets. For Sat I think we want a view of the cars at top speed/corners so Becketts if you can sit there as GA?

For race any overtaking opportunity places would be best.

Would appreciate all thoughts.

Cheers

naz3012
    Participant

I’ve sat at luffield, brooklands and stowe before, although I was in a grandstand at stowe, unfortunately I haven’t been at becketts but there is general admission areas throughout that sequence (they fill up incredibly early, take a book and a camping chair). I found when I went in 2013 that “general admission” applied to anywhere that wasn’t a grandstand to be honest, I spent 45 minutes sat in front of the main grandstands on a bit of grass, on the pit straight watching gp2.

My experience at stowe was great but I think it may have been better for quali or practice, since the high speed meant overtaking was at a premium, the direction change was something to behold though. The general admission area at vale/club, just round the bend from stowe gives you the best of a high speed exit followed by the braking and acceleration zone at club, there’s a chance of overtakes there and there’s the pit entry too. The only issue here is that you’re quite far away from the circuit.

Luffield was great on race day, again it fills up very quickly since there’s some concrete terracing there, try and get a spot higher up the bank and you get a good view of a decent sized bit of track. If you sit further round towards the old pit straight, you can see cars entering brooklands (end of the DRS zone, incidents, overtakes etc etc) and then see them balancing the throttle onto the old pit straight through luffield.

I think brooklands was probably the worst of the three spots since you only get once chance to see the cars as they go past you and the view isn’t hugely elevated, however you’re very very close to the circuit and you get to see the cars braking (if you stand at the entry) or wobbling around on acceleration (If you stand at the exit). Thankfully It was wet at that point and so you get to see the rooster tails and braking lockups at full speed, which more than made up for the lack of actual car viewing time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.