Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Going to the 2012 British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    PaxJes
    Participant

severe weather warnings for rain and thunderstorms with danger of flooding in the East Midlands on Thursday and Friday.
    This is shaping up to be interesting… with all the camping and all… -_-

th13teen

This is worrying now, surely its just going to ruin everything!!! Non stop rain, flooding, no track action on Friday as a consequence, and very very wet English Motor racing fans!!!
    Oh this will be interesting for a first grand Prix!!!

Mark O’Donnell
    Participant

Blue skies at the moment but the clouds are coming over quickly….

PaxJes
    Participant

well, i’m leaving home in a couple of minutes, get the trains, then the bus to Silverstone village followed by a nice walk to Woodlands. Hopefully i’ll be there mid afternoon. bring it on, rain or shine!!

timmy

Have fun in GA with the poor people, we’ll give you a wave….You’ll only be a cheapskate and go GA once i’ll bet. At least im not camping this weekend ;))

chris ver
    Participant

Hi everyone, as I am going alone I am thinking of parking quite far from silverstone and cycling to the track – is there any place i can lock my bike up/ does silverstone allow this/have you seen bikes locked up in previous years?

Mankster
    Participant

Mmm… what a mess. Why do they even allow parking on grass anyway. They should just sell onsite parking for hardground spaces and have more Park and Ride. Do the park an ride busses have to queue up with all the cars to get in or is there a bus lane or seperate route?

Joe
    Participant

Hi all…
    I’ve never had a chance to get close to any of the drivers.. Juss wondering if any of you have any tips on how I can get close ish/get an autograph this time around at Silverstone tomorrow.. I don’t have a paddock pass or the hospitality tickets by the way.. Can it be done? Cheers and gone
    Joe

Daniel Lavender
    Participant

Well just had the worse weekend ever, the campsite was a absolute joke with the amount of mud and water about. And to top it of the plastic wallet I bought to keep my ticket in around my neck snapped off and got lost inside the track on saturday, meaning I had no ticket for race day. Went to ticket office hoping they would help and sort me out a pass, but how wrong could I be. The lady in there could not give a ****, was not interested in helping me out one bit. Just told me to report it to police and wait and see, really of no help whatsoever. Thanks

Mankster
    Participant

Thats tough about the ticket. I always keep mine folded in my front jeans pocket and keep nothing else in the pocket. This way I know its not going any where.

Captain Biscuit
    Participant

Camping woodlands was a complete nightmare. It reminded me of that film apocalypto or like one of those slums in brazil. The worst thing is walking past all the luxury motorhomes. Anyway a real calamity from the organisers. No contingency plan at all. Left it all for the police to sort out who told us to turn around and find somewhere else. Called the silverstone ticket line and she told me the same. Took us 4 hours to drive one mile, ended up getting to the gate and getting in. Stewards couldn’t care less amd seemed oblivious to the situation. No management whatsoever. A real shambles but I consider myself extremely lucky to get in and had a fantastic weekend despite the weather. Oh and I dropped my mobile phone in a portaloo.

th13teen

CampingF1 was an utter disgrace!! The mud was everywhere, no one could actually get out of the camp site, even the tractor was starting to get stuck!
    This was my first GP, and although the weather was bad, it was great to see and hear an F1 car for the first time, although I don’t wish to return. I do not see the appeal in going year after year! However I did enjoy my first GP!
    The mud was unbelievable all over the circuit, the fact that even the F1 cars could not escape it! LOL! Glad I brought wellies!
    I decided that although I hate camping, it is pointless trying to drive to the circuit! It is simply too busy, and you are better off spending the otherwise parking money on camping!
    Also I am glad I took my bike to the circuit, it was a real God saint, when it came to getting around, and then getting back to the campsite!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I almost hate to say it in light of the nightmares so many other people endured, but we drove all three days and encountered almost no problems. We left Oxford at about 6:30 each morning, and we were at the circuit parking our car in about an hour. Just thought I’d throw that out there for anyone considering where to stay next year.

Mankster
    Participant

Yes it seem turning up really early or the Park and Ride is the way to go.

Hope you all enjoyed your British Grand Prix trip.

I’m looking for contributions from people who were there for an article. See details here:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/activity/p/116332/

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.