Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Going to the 2014 post-race test

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tickets have gone on sale for the test at Silverstone which follows this year’s race.

Silverstone is gearing up for a double-dose of F1 action in July, after details of the 2014 Formula One Team Test were announced. The official full team test, featuring all eleven teams, will take place on 08 and 09 July, just two days after this year’s Formula One Santander British Grand Prix (04-06 July).

Running out of The Wing Pit and Paddock complex, teams and drivers will test their cars around the Grand Prix circuit and are permitted to run as often or as little as they need during the two days. International Pits Straight grandstand will be open for all fans to watch the action and this is included in the ticket price.

Silverstone will be hosting a Pit Walk on both the Tuesday and Wednesday evening after the testing activity, beginning at approximately 17.15hrs. This will be for ticket holders only and will provide fans a chance to get up close with the teams and their cars in the International Pit Lane.

Please note that not all cars are guaranteed to turn a wheel and there will be no timetable for this test.

Single Day tickets for the 2014 Formula One Team Test are available from £25pp in advance; *children under 15 go free. A Two-Day ticket, for Tuesday and Wednesday, is available in advance at £40. **Pit Walk tickets are £10 for each day.

Visit http://www.silverstone.co.uk for more information or call 0844 3728 300.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Fantastic, been looking for information about this.

I saw quite a few pictures that people had posted from the pre-season tests where’d they’d been able to get into the paddock and get photo’s with – and autographs from – drivers. Looking at the ticket list, I presume the general public cannot access the paddock at this test? Obviously apart from the pit-walk at the end, but that’s only the pit-lane (I know because I went to the Young Driver Test last year).

KeeleyObsessed
    Participant

I’d love to go, but I’m busy those days! Noo!!!

I went last year when they had the tyre/YDT test, doing the pit walk aswell, and had a thoroughly good day (Weather was scorching, all the teams moaning that the data they were getting was practically useless, but they were still out there 9-5, only stopping for the red flags). The only team that bothered putting anything particularly worthwhile out for the pitwalk was Marrussia, but (as per the COTD last week) they did very well in interacting with the fans. Hopefully some of the other teams take a leaf out of their book for this year.

I’d definitely recommend this. at £35, it’s so much cheaper than a race day, but you get just as much out of it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.