Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Silverstone GP arrival time & commentary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Hughes
    Participant

Hi,

Going to the GP on Sunday, got grandstand tickets so don’t need to reserve a spot but what time would people recommend arriving?

Also this will be the first Grand Prix with the V6’s I’ve been to. Can you hear the trackside commentary, or is it still drowned out by engine noise like the last generation engines?

Parking, not booked yet and not a fan of park and ride. Seen there is an animal sanctuary that charges £10 to park but you can’t prebook, should I risk doing this or prebook at another site seen parking advertised at £15 per day.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Daniel – the gates open at 6am on Sunday. I am leaving at 5am (from Buckinghamshire) and hope to be parked up and in the circuit by 7am (but I have pre-booked my parking). Looking at the Silverstone twitter feed today, they say the traffic was moving quite nicely at 8am.

I wouldn’t chance anything on raceday morning. So if you can book some parking tonight, I suggest you do that.

I haven’t seen the new hybrid engines in person either. But I was told by the Silverstone customer service team that all grandstands have a view of a screen, and therefore you will hear the commentary from that. We are also bringing an FM radio with us. They are selling radios on-site on the day too.

Hope that helps!

AmbroseRPM
    Participant

On the noise of the cars, I was in Albert Park and you don’t need earplugs but in regards to commentary, you cannot hear it when a car is going past but when it has left you should be fine. When they are in a different sector it’s alright. I’d personally take the FM radio and I wish I had personally.

The actual sound live of the V6’s is quite good although you would struggle to hear them when they are on the other side of the circuit. Most importantly- enjoy!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.