Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Young Drivers Test, Silverstone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nick

I’m thinking of going to the young drivers test at Silverstone. Has any one been before? Is it worth going? I just enquired about camping and was told we might be the only ones there so it sounds like it might not be very popular, any advice would be nice.

For those who are planning on doing so, tickets can be bought here:

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/f1-young-drivers-test/

wsrgo
    Participant

According to Italiaracing, Johnny Cecotto Jr will get a run with Force India, and Sergio Canamasas will get one with Caterham…
    Please, dear God, I hope they don’t get too many km’s. Cecotto is especially surprising. He’s not done even a straight line test this year. Would it not make more sense to have Calado or Rossiter in the car to test new parts?

MazdaChris
    Participant

Been to the tyre tests in days gone by, but I think this is going to be a different affair. I’ve bought a ticket for the Thursday and I am going with a few others, but I think the appeal is pretty limited so I’m not expecting a lot of people.

Best advice I can give you; if you buy a fancy hot dog from one of those stalls they have there, whatever you do don’t go near the damn mustard. Last time I was at Silverstone I made this mistake. Drowned my ‘dog in the stuff, took a big eager bite, then experienced some of the worst pain of my life. My entire sinuses felt like they were on fire, I felt like I’d been pepper sprayed. My eyes were streaming, I was coughing and gagging, trying not to be sick.

Suffice to say I finished the hotdog of course, but it was one of the most intensely unpleasant experiences of my entire life.

Tom_ec1
    Participant

Does anyone know what time the testing will start?

On the website it says: “Please note that there is no timetable for this Event.”

I would guess it’s 9am-4pm, with a break 1-2pm. But grateful if anyone can confirm.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@mazdachris If I ever go to Silverstone, I will take your challenge.

James Muscat
    Participant

The Silverstone Twitter feed has been pretty good at answering questions these past few days.

Gates open 8.30am, cars on track from 9am-5pm, presumably with a lunch break in there somewhere, and a pit walk 5-6pm each day for an extra tenner a time.

This’ll be the first time I’ve ever been to watch F1 cars in action – I’m quite excited :)

George
    Participant

I took the wrong week off work, would have been a good opportunity to go :(

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.